One giant leap for battery kind ..Not.

PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,444Member
edited February 2021 in Nikon Flashes
Viewing youtube I spotted some 1.5v Lithium Iron AA batteries . Now you and I know that lithium-ion is 3.7v.
What they have done in the giant leap is put a lithium-ion battery and a voltage regulator in an AA case.
Great 1.5v not 1.2 from my rechargeable metal hydride.
Big failure . they would not operate my Yongnuo 656 at all and the recycle time on the 465 was reduced 50% despite the increased voltage.SB 400 was OK. I deduce they are current limited and its not enough for the 565.
So big failure sent them back I can get Japanese made entelopes from ikea branded ladda for $5 for 4 (£5.50 for 4)
Post edited by Pistnbroke on

Comments

• Ton14Ton14 Posts: 698Member
    I always used the expensive Enelope batteries, changed them to the IKEA Ladda 2450 batteries about a year ago. They are made in the same factory as the Enelopes.

I use them more then a year now, in everything.

What I forgot was that I put some Ladda batteries in an old reserve flash, I never used, about a year ago. Checked it today and the battery power was down to 85%, the same as my Enelope batteries always did.

You are right, the IKEA Ladda's are perfect and cheep, no need for Enelopes.
    User Ton changed to Ton14, Google sign in did not work anymore
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    Used to get Amazon basics AA and AAA battery, since they were old gen Eneloops that were rebrand, then they moved production to a Chinese company, quality went down. Now I would only buy Eneloops.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.