Tired of waiting on a D400, D3x or D800

2»

Comments

• sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    edited September 2013
    nothing to do with warranty
    just reliability
    my experience is, that new stuff is more reliable than second hand and will last longer
    If I am shooting for fun, equipment failure, is not the end of the world
    but many years ago, a second hand camera let me down ,when shooting friends wedding
    she has never forgiven me

one reason people do sell cameras, is that they have been back for repair too many times, and have become unreliable

Post edited by sevencrossing on
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    nothing to do with warranty
    just reliability
    my experience is, that new stuff is more reliable than second hand and will last longer
    If I am shooting for fun, equipment failure, is not the end of the world
    but many years ago, a second hand camera let me down ,when shooting friends wedding
    she has never forgiven me

one reason people do sell cameras, is that they have been back for repair too many times, and have become unreliable
    Don't agree. Pro stuff is supposed to be able to survive harsher handling than consumer and that is what anybody posting here gets told, so how a low click amateur use body would be less reliable than a new one I just can't see. In fact bathtub failure curves may say that it would be more reliable...
    Always learning.
  • framerframer Posts: 491Member
    And what pro goes to a wedding with one camera body. Back in the day I always had three. Two prime bodies and a old 2.8C rollie as a last resort. Yes I had bodies have issues but never had to use that rollie. Never lost more than one shot. Strobes were my biggest worry then magazines slipping.

Today with digital, three bodies extra lenses and several strobes should still be a minimum equipment list. Another reason for the two slot pro bodies is card backup. If your a pro you need to use that "what if".....

framer("Murphy")
    edited September 2013

Don't agree.
    This is an open forum and we all have our own individual options and experience

mine is that, second hand equipment is less reliable than new
    may be a new threads is needed

Post edited by sevencrossing on
  • Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
    edited September 2013
    I have found that second hand gear has served me quite well...not to mention the savings. Most of the lenses I purchased from a privet parties. My D4 was of Ebay but from an authorized Nikon dealer. If you do your "due diligence" you will be fine.
    Post edited by Golf007sd on
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
    edited September 2013
    Post edited by Golf007sd on
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator

Don't agree.
    This is an open forum and we all have our own individual options and experience

mine is that, second hand equipment is less reliable than new
    may be a new threads is needed
    Yes sevencrossing, this is an open forum which means it is a place for free discussion - that is what this is, right? That means people can discuss, agree and disagree on the topic. I disagreed.
    Always learning.