Nikon Film Cameras anyone?

EfimeraPopEfimeraPop Posts: 1Member
edited January 2013 in Nikon Film Cameras
Hello there, I guess for a film camera user, nikonrumors would be something... odd. But I guess many of you have one of the F beauties. My humble collection includes: F4; F5; F100; EM; FM2; & N60. I use most the F100 and develop my own b&w and colour films. (Also have a D4 for wedding & social pictures.)

Cheers everyone!

Comments

• SymphoticSymphotic Posts: 711Member
    I have three F2s and a Nikkormat FTN. I only had my own lab when I was a student as when I got to shooting a lot we sent everything out. I sold off the Leica 8 years ago to help pay tuition bills for my children...

I still think my old Kodachromes are beautiful.
    Jack Roberts
    "Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought"--Albert Szent-Gyorgy
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    I have a FE and a F90s, but they don't get used very often.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • DanDan Posts: 6Member
    I kept my old FM2n (black), MD12 Drive and 105mm f/2.5 lens from highschool. I still pull it out and go throught the shutter settings every once in awhile. I gotta say, I love the sound of the shutter and mirror with and without the drive.
  • crizmancrizman Posts: 27Member
    Over the years I had 3-F's,F2 w/drive,4-F3w/ drives, 3-fm& fm2's, fe2,El, & assorted nikkormats N90. Now I just have my F3Tw/drive & D200.I never went anywhere w/o a camera. I'm trying to get back to that!
  • SkintBritSkintBrit Posts: 79Member
    I got a mint F100 and grip from my family for Christmas, and I'm enjoying getting back to basics. Still not finished my first roll yet (funny how I take hundreds of digital shots without much thought :) ) I'm looking forward to seeing the results.
    D3s's D700 F100 / Trinity 2.8 Zooms & 1.4 Primes / 105 micro. SB900s with Pocket Wizard Flex TT5 / Mini TT1s. Camranger remote control system.
  • TaoTeJaredTaoTeJared Posts: 1,306Member
    edited January 2013
    2 FE2, fg20, N75, Pentax super ME, Voigtlander R2, R2a is what I have now. I have had many others but have offloaded most of them. 99% of the time I use one of these set-ups: Voigtlander R2a w/ Zeiss 50mm f2, FE2 105mm 2.5, FE2 50mm 1.4.
    Post edited by TaoTeJared on
    D800, D300, D50(ir converted), FujiX100, Canon G11, Olympus TG2. Nikon lenses - 24mm 2.8, 35mm 1.8, (5 in all)50mm, 60mm, 85mm 1.8, 105vr, 105 f2.5, 180mm 2.8, 70-200vr1, 24-120vr f4. Tokina 12-24mm, 16-28mm, 28-70mm (angenieux design), 300mm f2.8. Sigma 15mm fisheye. Voigtlander R2 (olive) & R2a, Voigt 35mm 2.5, Zeiss 50mm f/2, Leica 90mm f/4. I know I missed something...
  • sohonycsohonyc Posts: 11Member
    F3HP with Nikkor AiS 28 mm f2.8, 300mm f4, 105mm f2.5 and Metz CT5 Most of the equipment bought in the US in 1991
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Chrome "F" body, Black Photomic T body, 24mm /f/2.8, 35mm /2, 85mm f/1.8, 300mm f/4.5...all from the 1960's
    Msmoto, mod
  • framerframer Posts: 491Member
    F6 is in my bag loaded w/tri-x.

framer
  • warprintswarprints Posts: 61Member
    Had an F many, many moons ago, but because most of my equipment was Minolta, I traded the F for a nice shotgun.
    Had an F many, many moons ago, but because most of my equipment was Minolta, I traded the F for a nice shotgun.
    Lol. The more I learn about you warprints, the more I understand why NikoDoby thought you were a bad**s! b-(
    D3s's D700 F100 / Trinity 2.8 Zooms & 1.4 Primes / 105 micro. SB900s with Pocket Wizard Flex TT5 / Mini TT1s. Camranger remote control system.
  • mrgetzmrgetz Posts: 1Member
    2 Ftn's, F, F2, F3, F4, F5, N90s, Nikonos, Nikkormat, Nikkorex, Nikomat.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    I MIGHT take a D4 for mine I suppose.....

Home From The Shoot(1) by Spraynpray
    Always learning.
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    The D4 isn't a film camera, so I don't get what you are saying @spraynpray.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • CorrelliCorrelli Posts: 135Member
    I started with a FA. But most of the time I used a FM2. For a short time I had a F3 and a FE2. Now I still got a FM3A and a Nikonos, but they are not used very often. Still got a number of AI-S primes that I still use on my D700.
  • warprintswarprints Posts: 61Member
    PB_PM is right, you gotta take a FILM camera in exchange for the gun.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Just hopin' is all...... :-\"
    Always learning.
  • Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
    edited January 2013
    @spraynpray You crack me up :-)
    Post edited by Golf007sd on
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
  • MikeGunterMikeGunter Posts: 543Member
    Hi all

In the what seems the distant past, F to F4, FE2, 6006, Ti35, and a few I have trouble remembering, that were mine, as well as a Yashica twin-lens Rollie work alike, and a Koni Omega, RB 67. In organizations in which I worked, mostly Nikons and most of the lenses that were available.

During my active days working for the Army, and later with with the wire service, I carried 6 bodies. That was a bunch of film to develop and process.

Frankly, I don't much miss film, but the cameras were tough.

My best,

Mike
    Quick question regarding the "original genuine" battery grip on my F100. It seems pretty plasticky and the rubber panels don't feel the same as those on the camera (they're less "sticky"), is this normal, or have I been sold a dudun? Nikon's modern battery grips look / feel identical to the cameras they fit, maybe they didn't a decade ago. Anyone got one to make a comparison?
  • FrauchaFraucha Posts: 10Member
    Still have my F2s and F3with motor drive. But no film processing out here in the boonies in Ukraine and no available chemicals (plus they can't be shipped) or even paper. Looks like the digital age is here to stay.
  • kyoshinikonkyoshinikon Posts: 411Member
    I love my N80. Still use it frequently. Unfortunately I don't always have time to go out and get film...
    “To photograph is to hold one’s breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It’s at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy.” - Bresson
  • macsavageg4macsavageg4 Posts: 75Member
    I picked up a F100 on Fri. unfortunately it has the doesn't turn off problem so I cam going to research around to see about fixing it. Seriously considering purchasing a service manual to sort it out. But it does shoot nice and quickly like the D800 and is a very fine camera. Otherwise I have a Nikkormat FTN and an F. My dad has a spool of B/W film that I am going to look into using up.
    Doesn't turn off problem???
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    @ macsavageg4

I had to laugh....I used to buy the 100' rolls of Plus-X and reload the cartridges (1960's). It was in a day when the cartridges were sturdy and could be reloaded at least ten or more times. The cracking them open on the counter was always interesting when we developed the film, then just left the pieces in a a box until we reloaded. Ah for the "good old days"
    Msmoto, mod