Autobracketing On D7100

MrDarknessMrDarkness Posts: 6Member
edited December 2013 in Nikon DSLR cameras
I just returned from a California Mojave Desert trip, during which I gained a little familiarity with my new D7100; it's my new buddy, but it's very complex and keeps its secrets close to its vest—one of which is autobracketing when Mirror Up/Remote release mode.

I've been told that Autobracketing won't work with a wireless remote release, that a wired remote is required—something I have a hard time believing. Is this true?
Post edited by Msmoto on
Nikon D7100, 70-300 F4.5-5.6 ED, 10-24 F3.5-4.5 ED

Comments

• IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Did you try it? From my recollection, a wireless remote is like $36 and good to have regardless...
    Post edited by Ironheart on
  • tc88tc88 Posts: 537Member
    edited December 2013
    (1) Whoever told you that is wrong.

(2) A third party wireless remote costs less than $10.

Happy New Year.
    Post edited by tc88 on
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    The D7100 is a complex camera, but if you read the manual, it all becomes simple. I know I'm possibly in the minority in reading it from cover to cover (and even then missed two points that I learned later by playing), but it is well worth it.

I rarely use bracketing now as the D7100 has such good raw files, but when I do, I use a wired release. The IR remote works fine for bracketing - make sure you turn it on in the shooting menu (one of the rare backwards steps of the D7100 - the D7000 has it on the release mode dial).
    Always learning.