Buy D7100 or D610 for Real Estate?

12346»

Comments

• heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    edited January 2014
    its really very hard to tell the difference between a $500 lense and a $2500 lens at F8.0 even in the corners on on a web page or a brochure or a newspaper advert. what would be clear is technique, angle, FOV and lighting. if there was a P&S with that FOV it would probably be sufficient.. so in fact for best value maybe a Nikon1 with the 6.7mm .. http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2013/08/07/going-super-wide-the-nikon-6-7-13mm-lens-review-on-the-nikon-v1/ i would still recommend the DX and 10-24 as its that little bit wider .. wide enough to cover wall to wall from the corner of a room..
    Post edited by heartyfisher on
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Really? 6 pages where only one was needed and now we are arguing lens minutiae? I think it is an utterly futile waste of time to enter into a pi$$ing competition on whether there is any minute difference between this lens or that lens in the context of the OP. Furthermore, it is obvious that the PaRealtor is right at the beginning of a fairly long journey to get the best out of the cheapest gear that has been recommended in this thread let alone ever extracting minute improvements out of the most expensive.

The OP's question has been answered many times so this thread is now a rambling mess with no value to anybody searching the database for info and so IMHO it should be closed.
    Always learning.
  • ChasCSChasCS Posts: 309Member
    edited January 2014
    Sorry to go OT , just for a brief moment. I thought you might find this of interest.
    Putting large luxurious homes in perspective.
    I was just reading about the new biggest house on the block, in Vancouver BC.
    Former Lululemon CEO Chip Wilson's new waterfront home in Vancouver is the most expensive house in British Columbia, according to figures released by B.C. Assessment today.
    The yoga pants palace, which took five years to construct on three waterfront lots in the city's Kitsilano neighbourhood, took over the top spot with a value of $54 million, after construction was completed.

I was comparing this fantastic home to the biggest house in my city.
    This is the home of Edmonton Billionaire and Oilers owner Daryl Katz. The house is actually 32000 sq feet and cost $25.3 million to build. Google it for a breath taking view, he's even got a full NHL sized hockey rink in his back yard.
    Lucky for his kids...
    Post edited by ChasCS on
    D800, AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR, B+W Clear MRC 77mm, AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR, Sigma DG UV 77mm,
    SB-910~WG-AS3, SB-50, ME-1, Lexar Professional 600x 64GB SDXC UHS-I 90MB/s* x2, 400x 32GB SDHC UHS-I 60MB/s* x1
    Vanguard ALTA PRO 263AT, GH-300T, SBH-250, SBH-100, PH-22 Panhead
    Lowepro S&F Deluxe Technical Belt and Harness ~ Pouch 60 AW 50 AW & 10, S&F Toploader 70 AW, Lens Case 11 x 26cm
    FE, NIKKOR 2-20mm f/1.8, OPTEX UV 52mm, Vivitar Zoom 285, Kodacolor VR 1000 CF 135-24 EXP DX 35mm, rePlay XD1080

• kyoshinikonkyoshinikon Posts: 411Member
    Truthfully any Nikon Dslr with any nikkor under 50mm in focal length will do nicely at f/8
    “To photograph is to hold one’s breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It’s at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy.” - Bresson
  • WestEndBoyWestEndBoy Posts: 1,456Member
    Your 17-35, assuming it is the 2.8 that has been in the lineup for 15 years, would be ideal Kyoshinikon. The focal range in a professional grade lens is ideal.
  • sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    edited January 2014
    The OP's question has been answered many times so this thread is now a rambling mess with no value to anybody searching the database for info and so IMHO it should be closed.
    +1
    Sorry S&P but yet again, I have to agree with you :)

Post edited by sevencrossing on
  • WestEndBoyWestEndBoy Posts: 1,456Member
    +1
    Sorry S&P but yet again, I have to agree with you :)

Hi Sevencrossing and Spraynpreay. I "may be" a dissenter on this one. The fact that it is 6 pages long seems to indicate that people are getting value from the conversation. Anyone that does a thread search will probably start reading from the beginning and then stop when their question is answered. Everyone can stop when they want.

However, in your side of the argument, I also see value. When a question is asked, off topic items can be distracting and detract from the thread. I definitely would not want to see that in the beginning of the thread. However, I am not sure it is a big deal at the end. We are kind of like a closely knit group sitting around a big dinner table with numerous little side conversations interspersed with moments when the family head (Msmoto, Golf and Adamz) taps his wine glass. In these little side conversations, people ask a question or raise a point, there is discussion and when the question or point is addressed, the conversation drifts but it is often lively, engaging and enjoyable to the participants.

Now if the analogy was a boardroom table it would be different, but it seems more like a dinner table.

This seems natural to me.
  • sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    edited January 2014
    jshickele .......We are kind of like a closely knit group sitting around a big dinner table with numerous little side conversations interspersed with moments.....

We are indeed, but long rambling threads, make things difficult for the newbie. who will inevitable be told "do a search first" and has to read the whole of several threads, to see if his question has been answered . There is new thread "Is the D7100 Nikon's best camera" which seems to asking a very similar question and getting very similar relies

Post edited by sevencrossing on
  • Vipmediastar_JZVipmediastar_JZ Posts: 1,708Member
    I agree with @jshickele even though the answer has been posted new info has come along where I learned something new.

There are other threads that i put some input on and I just ignored afterwards because i wished to not follow anymore. if you feel the same then simply do that.

Even OT posts lead to valuable info at one point, mostly towards the end. I have learned from some OT posts and one example is in one of the video threads where I learned about a squinching or excersiszing the muscles for portraits.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    None of what any of you say has any relevance. There is a thread called 'Too lazy to start a new thread' and that is where all of these spurious irrelevant comment belong.
    Always learning.
  • PaRealtorPaRealtor Posts: 95Member
    edited January 2014
    Well, I must say, I'm new at this and even Dan at the camera shop can't believe how much I've learn from you all.
    Every piece of equipment I've purchased has been influenced by all of you!!
    This was fun and agents in my office all want a new camera or for me to take their pictures. :p
    In the beginning I was sure I would buy the D610. However after listening to all of you, I decided to go with the D7100 and use the extra money on FX lenses. In the end, I thought about going with the D5300 just for the tilt screen! (That screen would help in tight corners-like someone recommended)
    After renting both cameras, the D7100 won over the D610. That's a lot of camera for a newbie.
    (Since The camera that's going to be announced, looks like the D4, not my D400.)
    Believe me, your advise was priceless and I enjoyed this trend. Thanks again to all of you for your help, your patience and your kind words!
    One more thing, I've directed FOUR other NEW Nikon users and three long time users to your site! They also all love it! Learning lots from them too! Three of us are taking a class starting in two weeks. (Like Msmoto recommended)
    ChasCS thanks for your last post....You've inspired me!
    Msmoto, going to the car show in Philadelphia, hoping to capture a model car too. (Photo of the day)
    Looking forward to getting my D7100 camera and my 14-24 lens. Will be posting pictures in Photo of the Day of my next listing coming in February/March... (TOLD you Spraynpray, there was NO RUSH) ~O) ~O) ~O)
    Post edited by PaRealtor on
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    I am looking forward to your postings on PAD. You are going to love the new DSLR. Take the time and read the AF section in the manual. You want to master and understand your options ASAP with this great AF system.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
    Well so, get out there and dazzle those home owners, with your new camera work...

I'm happy that you have finally found the camera and gear for your newest adventures and hope that you get even a small percent of the happiness I am finding with and from my new Nikon gear...

Pretty awesome, is putting it mildly.

Enjoy it, to the fullest friend...
    D800, AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR, B+W Clear MRC 77mm, AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR, Sigma DG UV 77mm,
    SB-910~WG-AS3, SB-50, ME-1, Lexar Professional 600x 64GB SDXC UHS-I 90MB/s* x2, 400x 32GB SDHC UHS-I 60MB/s* x1
    Lowepro S&F Deluxe Technical Belt and Harness ~ Pouch 60 AW 50 AW & 10, S&F Toploader 70 AW, Lens Case 11 x 26cm
    FE, NIKKOR 2-20mm f/1.8, OPTEX UV 52mm, Vivitar Zoom 285, Kodacolor VR 1000 CF 135-24 EXP DX 35mm, rePlay XD1080

• PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    Decision made, isn't it time to close this forum....Moderators?
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
    edited January 2014
    Yes, please do...
    Learned a great deal here.
    All of my questions have been answered regarding real estate photography!
    (And then some) Especially for us Newbies!!!

I can see why it would bore or bother both:
    Photobug and Spraynpray :bz

Now, I got the Nikon NIKKOR-14-24mm lens for Real Estate
    What a good everyday lens?
    What forum is that?
    You can PM me.....Thanks.

Bye for now......
    Post edited by PaRealtor on
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    If you type "Best lens d7100" into that little search box on the upper right hand corner of every page, the first five hits are pretty relevant. Feel free to comment on any of those threads if after reading them you have any questions.
    Perfect!!!
    Will do!!!
    Thank you!!!
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    I cant find a relevant emoticon for this ... lol
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

@heartyfisher,
    Here let me help you with that LOL emoticon