Nikon camera photos are deleted

Maurice354Maurice354 Posts: 2Member
edited May 2014 in Nikon DSLR cameras
Nikon camera photos were deleted yesterday, even though I didn’t mean it. Now, the trip photos were all lost. What a pity! Do you know how can I review them again? Is there any way for me to get them all back?

Comments

• PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    edited May 2014
    As long as you haven't put anything new into the card, image recovery software may be able to bring back at least some of them.

Try looking at this older thread on the subject.
    http://forum.nikonrumors.com/discussion/978/how-to-recover-deleted-pictures-from-nikon-camera/p1
    Post edited by PB_PM on
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • Maurice354Maurice354 Posts: 2Member
    edited May 2014
    I have found this in other forum:
    "Have you stored all these lost photos on the memory card of this Nikon camera?
    Have you overwritten this memory card with anything else since then?
    If you have stored your photos on the memory card and also have not overwritten it with anything new, you absolutely have chances to get your photos back.
    Just connect it to your computer and check whether they all can be restored by some data recovery software, like Recuva, iCare Data Recovery and Power Data Recovery, etc.
    Also learn a lesson to make data backups all the time in the future.
    "
    I have not done anything to this camera memory card since then. Do you guys think these words are workable for me?
    Post edited by Maurice354 on
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    SANDISC rescue pro
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    SANDISC rescue pro
    It's worked for me. Highly recommend Rescue Pro.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
  • Cedric454Cedric454 Posts: 1Member
    1). Stop using this camera memory card in case that anything else will overwrite your files inside.
    2). Connect memory card to computer and use a data recovery tool to rescue all your wanted data back. There are many similar data recovery tools online that can help you, such as 4Card Recovery, PhotoRec, EaseUS Data Recovery and the likes.
    3). Save and back up restored files on another card or drive in case of farther data loss.
    Always back up everything important before you decide to do any chance to your wanted data.
  • Giles2647Giles2647 Posts: 1Member
    I have found this in other forum:
    "Have you stored all these lost photos on the memory card of this Nikon camera?
    Have you overwritten this memory card with anything else since then?
    If you have stored your photos on the memory card and also have not overwritten it with anything new, you absolutely have chances to get your photos back.
    Just connect it to your computer and check whether they all can be restored by some data recovery software, like Recuva, iCare Data Recovery and Power Data Recovery, etc.
    Also learn a lesson to make data backups all the time in the future.
    "
    I have not done anything to this camera memory card since then. Do you guys think these words are workable for me?
    What you find is right! In your case, data recovery software is really necessary. In fact, about one month ago, I also got the similar camera memory card data loss problems have a good success with iCare Data Recovery. Its free version called iCare Data Recovery Free really works.
    I hope my words can help you somehow.
  • alexander_lewisalexander_lewis Posts: 4Member
    edited November 2014
    Have you shoot new pictures after losing important traveling pictures? Or have you written new files to the memory card? If both answers are ‘no’, then you still have a great opportunity to recover all the lost pictures; otherwise, some of the missing pictures may have been overwritten. Note: Once the missing pictures are overwritten, they’ll completely disappear.

In addition, are the lost pictures RAW format (NEF or NRW)? If yes, then you need to carefully review the software manual (check the ‘File Types Supported’), make sure it supports the recovery of Nikon Raw photo formats.

Try several photo recovery tools, in order to maximize the recovery possibility of lost pictures. Finally, remember to save the recovered pictures to your computer’s hard drive, instead of the same Nikon camera memory card.
    Post edited by alexander_lewis on
  • TPenTPen Posts: 1Member
    Just search photo recovery on Google, then you'll get a lot of results. It is hard to say which recovery software would work for your specific case, but most of them allow users to try it for free, which means free scan and preview. Personally recommend Jihosoft Photo Recovery, the one having worked for me many times.