Post all forum problems here

Comments

• PeterPeter Posts: 178Administrator
    This problem persists: In the reply box I am seeing saved drafts of posts I did earlier when I return to a thread anytime later. I have tried deleting it and pressing save draft to clear it but that doesn't stop it coming back if I visit again later. Any ideas? I think we had the ability to get to the drafts and delete them in the old editor, but I can't find that since the editor changed.
    Have you tried to delete your old draft (assuming you don't need them)?

admin | nikonrumors.com
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    edited January 2013
    OK, this seems to work well with Firefox 18.0 :-*

Even with an Emoticon

Now as an edit....shucks, cannot get Emoticon on edit

Second edit :) :) :) Emoticon working, but multiple as on Safari...
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
    I changed the search function to now also include search results from the old forum. The search function will not include results from the blog.
    admin | nikonrumors.com
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    @Peter: Like I said in my post I have tried deleting the post and saving a draft which has only a blank space in to to try to over write the old one, and I cannot find how to delete the draft since the change of editor. Can you enlighten me please?
    Always learning.
    On the main forum page, on top of the discussions list, there should be a button called "Drafts". This is where you can delete you previous drafts.
    admin | nikonrumors.com
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    edited January 2013
    Post edited by PB_PM on
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
    That's great peter, thanks. I have deleted them now so I will see if that has cured the problem.
    Always learning.
    edited January 2013
    No re-occurrence of the previous problem Peter, thanks for pointing out where the delete draft function was.
    Always learning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    edited January 2013
    Replies to posts are not appearing...

That's weird - that did?

Has anyone else met this problem?
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    The forum should look much better on a smart phone now - made few changes.
    admin | nikonrumors.com
    Replies to posts are not appearing...

That's weird - that did?

Has anyone else met this problem?
    If you are using Firefox with some extensions, please try another browser.

admin | nikonrumors.com
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,287Member
    Is there a way to quote more than one person without the screen scrolling to the bottom all the time? I like the quote feature, but sometimes I want to quote multiple people in one post.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    edited January 2013
    Is there a way to quote more than one person without the screen scrolling to the bottom all the time? I like the quote feature, but sometimes I want to quote multiple people in one post.
    The forum should look much better on a smart phone now - made few changes.
    you mean like this ? just go to the posts you like to quote and click quote.

Post edited by heartyfisher on
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• If you are using Firefox with some extensions, please try another browser.
    Firefox? Wots that? :D

I think it was just network latence (here)...seems ok now - thank you.
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,287Member
    you mean like this ? just go to the posts you like to quote and click quote.

No, it's only a minor thing. I can multiquote, I just need to scroll back and forth to do so.

Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
    edited February 2013
    You see double posts from time-to-time which are inexplicable? What happens to me is that sometimes when I click post comment, the screen jumps and the comment box is then above the comment I posted but I didn't see the new post because the text is still in the text box so I press post comment again and..... These days I know to just press F5 when the screen jumps and it all looks as it should when it refreshes - maybe that is what happens to others here too as I see a few double posts?
    Post edited by spraynpray on
    Always learning.
    Even happens to me sometimes....And, if a double post shows up, I copy the original to my clipboard, then delete all the extra posts, reload the page, if all is OK, fine. But, sometimes the original post gets deleted as well, so i just repost from my clipboard.
    Msmoto, mod
    Well, it's good to know I am not bonkers! I hope it helps Peter understand the bug.
    Always learning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    My -Post Comment box - looks weird, looks like this.

All the buttons are on the left side and are overlapped bij the edit window.
    When I click on - preview - the bar is on the left side.
    Maybe it is something with my browser
    Any idea's?.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Those who say it can't be done, should not interrupt those doing it!
  • Dredden85Dredden85 Posts: 365Member
    edited February 2013
    @ Ton: I get that same format when I am at work. Work uses an out dated Windows 7 or 8 Explorer.
    Post edited by Dredden85 on
    D7000, 18-200VRII | 50 1.8G | SB-900
    edited February 2013
    @ Ton

The latest versions of Safari and Firefox do not have this problem. And Firefox is free off the net.
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
    Same with Chrome - no problem.
    Always learning.
  • Thanks for your answers.

Firefox don't let me sign in with my Google account, due to - cookie mismatch -.
    Google chrome works.

The only thing is, it worked perfect in IE, the error started today.
    Can work with Chrome for the forum, search further.
    Those who say it can't be done, should not interrupt those doing it!
    I noticed I had new new posts on the PAD when I opened up this morning and when I looked at the thread it took me straight to the end but there had been about ten new posts since I last looked. Bizarre.
    Always learning.