Random Photo Humor

123457»

Comments

• donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,701Member
    Well. . . . I do think his antics would generate cheerful expressions on the subjects who would be laughing at this crazy guy and I think that is why he is doing it.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    That is a restrained post right there @Photobug. My comments would have been more direct and less polite.
    Always learning.
  • paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member

That is a restrained post right there @Photobug. My comments would have been more direct and less polite.

So you don't think he is Poetry in Motion Spraynpray then?
    Camera, Lens and Tripod and a few other Bits
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    edited August 2016
    paulr said:

Yes it was a constrained post. Perhaps with age comes more more thought before posting. I know in the past I was direct and have a had a few less polite post with a couple of users who are no longer a visitor to this site.
    Post edited by Photobug on
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
    paulr said:

Probably more like desperation in action Paul.
    Always learning.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KLXxq19Zz8
  • DenverShooterDenverShooter Posts: 416Member
    Whats the difference between a Mother in Law and a Buzzard?

The buzzard waits until you dead before it eats your heart...

Denver Shooter
    Msmoto said:

@dissent

This must be applying to my three day photo shoot in Virginia….12 hours of power outage, a tornado about three miles away, rain all day in Williamsburg, 60 miles in three hours on the Interstate, and rain drops on several images (front element) creating an artistic look, but unfortunately not acceptable end result. The camera looked like it had been in the shower when I finished…… Murphy, are you listening?

I waterlogged my D800E in Berlin several years back during a lens change in a downpour when the wind caught the umbrella. Called NPS in Dusseldorf and they referred me to the independent Nikon repair facility in Berlin. I called them and nobody spoke english! Had to have Nikon Dusseldorf call them and book the appointment for the first thing the next AM. Showed up and handed it to them and came back 45 Minutes later and its all happy. $45 euros.

Denver Shooter
    Wow. Great service!
    Always learning.
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,287Member
    I guess that's one way to make fishing more exciting...

I like to live life on the edge...
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,444Member
    Nice to be famous.
    Just a bit of technical knowledge goes a very long way...

You won't have to call technical support (who is still probably laughing) to figure out what aperture is and how set and use it.

There are all kinds of basic photo courses online that cover shutter speed, aperture, ISO and the meaning of life. Its not rocket science.

And you might also learn that its called the blue hour not golden hour too!

It's testament to the capability of modern DLSR cameras that you can let someone who's technical knowledge is virtually zero loose with them and they can actually make a usable image.

Denver Shooter

That has got to be the dumbest attempt at self promotion, surely?
    Always learning.
    Every time I think people can't get any dumber....

Denver Shooter
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,444Member
    edited December 2018

Every time I think the wife can't get any dumber....

Takes great wedding pictures with her D810 if its all taped up but she had a Speight of complaining the flash did not work ….worked for me an SB 400.....then I worked out that she was moving the lock lever not the on off ….taped it up and no complaints.

It's testament to the capability of modern DLSR cameras that you can let someone who's technical knowledge is virtually zero loose with them and they can actually make a brilliant image.
    Post edited by Pistnbroke on
    OMG....
    Always learning.
    I want to make a brilliant image; perhaps I need to get dumber to do so? Actually, your wife is likely very attuned to the emotions being expressed by the people she is photographing and your taped up dials keep the camera many adjustments from getting in the way.
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member

Every time I think the wife can't get any dumber....

Takes great wedding pictures with her D810 if its all taped up but she had a Speight of complaining the flash did not work ….worked for me an SB 400.....then I worked out that she was moving the lock lever not the on off ….taped it up and no complaints.

It's testament to the capability of modern DLSR cameras that you can let someone who's technical knowledge is virtually zero loose with them and they can actually make a brilliant image.

OMG is right. Great story. Thanks for sharing. Your last paragraph is spot on.
    Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year to you and your family.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |