Lawsuit Regarding D600 Sensor Spots

124»

Comments

• AdeAde Posts: 1,071Member
    More bad news from China:

"Nikon told to recall its defective D600 cameras"

"NIKON’S D600 cameras are defective in design and should be recalled, a senior official with (Shanghai's) quality watchdog said yesterday."

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/metro/society/Nikon-told-to-recall-its-defective-D600-cameras/shdaily.shtml

• cbocbo Posts: 1Member
    I received my D600 back from Nikon 3/26, having sent it to them for service 3/4. I wasn't having a lot of dust (my serial 306xxxx), but it was noticeably more than my D7000, and I could usually clean it with just a blower. However, after 4600+ acutations, I noticed a half dozen translucent 'amoeba'-like spots in the image upper-left.

I'd blown it out prior to sending it, so all that showed was the translucent spots. Upon receipt, Nikon had replaced the shutter and done a 'General check & clean'. The first test shot showed more dust than when I'd sent it out...I could only roll my eyes. I did a routine cleaning of the sensor with a Giotto blower and ran it through 1000 shutter cycles and the first test shot after was totally clean, even running the file through pretty extreme adjustments in Photoshop.

Time will tell, but I'm happy now.
  • roombarobotroombarobot Posts: 201Member

From the [NR] front page = Nikon promises to replace defective D600 cameras if the spot issue is not fixed
    Read more on NikonRumors.com: http://nikonrumors.com#ixzz2xH0fOTNG

Finally! To bad it is too late for many, myself included. I got rid of my spotty D600 well over a year ago. Given the lenses I had, I bought myself out of the problem, replacing it with a D800E. I'm very happy with that camera, but a D610 (or a working D600) would have still met all of my needs and more.

But, it seems Nikon is finally taking responsibility.

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Correction @roombarobot - Nikon is finally being forced to take responsibility. If they had taken responsibility, it would have been so bad.
    Post edited by spraynpray on
    Always learning.
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    +1 spraynpray

Too bad it took the threat of law suits and the article in the Asian newspaper to get them to respond. We all knew it would take force for them to accept responsibility.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |