Nikon Forum Members = Average Photographers

123457»

Comments

• JonMcGuffinJonMcGuffin Posts: 312Member
    ... I dunno, the mother of the bride may not be an artist but she sure has an important opinion :-)
    +1

If you are a professional eg someone is paying you, they are the only judge that matters

If you are taking a photograph is hang above the fireplace, the wife is the only judge that matters

And remember in both case the judge's decision is final
    Absolutely!!!
  • vtc2002vtc2002 Posts: 364Member
    edited July 2015
    I have found that I produce my best work when I set out with a vision of the image that I want to capture. There is value in going out and seeing what you can capture but this can also be a very frustrating time as well if you come home and all of your images are "Average". Rather than a competition I would like to see (whether it is PAD or a separate thread) that for a month (or longer) that there would be a theme for the images posted. For example, one month it may be black and white portraits, one month sunsets and/or sunrises, etc. I think this would challenge all of us to step out of our comfort zones and take photos that we may not take on a regular basis or at all. It could be an opportunity for sharing of tips and techniques to grow individual skillsets.

I have had problem with my scanner but I wanted to share two out of camera images that were taken with a 4 X 5 view camera. No Photoshop/Lightroom etc. Polarizing filter and graduated ND filter were used. The quality of the posted images are not that great since I took them with my phone to post. This is related to my earlier post that taking the time to get the best image out of the camera is worth the effort.

Monet Like Pond

Colorado Sand Dunes

@JonMcGuffin I agree with your comments. The judges decision is final, especially at home!

Post edited by vtc2002 on