When to expect D750 successor?

12346»

Comments

• donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,675Member
    Spraynpray. Right! There are still some reasons to prefer the D7200. But I am thinking a lot of this may change quickly once Nikon releases a DX and FX mirrorless body.
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,881Member

IMHO it depends what you want to do with it. If your useage is more heavily in the direction of the D7500's strengths, then the D7500 is better, but if it is more in the direction of the D7200's strengths (like mine probably is), then the D7200 is the better body.

What would you say the 7200 does better?
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Anything that needs lots of pixels. My macro shots stand scrutiny at 1:1 with 24mp DX, time will tell if they are as good from the D850 in crop mode. I expect more keepers due to the AF, but less biting detail.
    Always learning.
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    mhedges said:

IMHO it depends what you want to do with it. If your useage is more heavily in the direction of the D7500's strengths, then the D7500 is better, but if it is more in the direction of the D7200's strengths (like mine probably is), then the D7200 is the better body.

What would you say the 7200 does better?
    Cropping for one, those extra 4 million pixels do count. The dual card slots can be very useful for backup purposes, RAW+JPEG workflows, or for people who shoot a lot of 1080p 60FPS video files. With 4k video on the D7500 the single slot is even more of a disadvantage, due to the larger file size.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • retreadretread Posts: 574Member
    I use the D500 for things that move fast and the D7200 for those that don't. I want a grip and like the second card. When I move to FX it will be the D850 if it is not up graded before then.