Z7-Z6 Lenses

Comments

• Ton14Ton14 Posts: 698Member
    edited October 2019
    Oktober 17 in the shops is the date they mentioned here in Holland as well. I get a message when available here.

Edit, available here too. € 1199.-
    PS, the 85mm f/1.8 S is € 899.-
    Post edited by Ton14 on
    User Ton changed to Ton14, Google sign in did not work anymore
  • SymphoticSymphotic Posts: 711Member
    Ton14 said:

Oktober 17 in the shops is the date they mentioned here in Holland as well. I get a message when available here.

Edit, available here too. € 1199.-
    PS, the 85mm f/1.8 S is € 899.-

That is pretty high in price. Japan is pricey, too, but they now have a larger consumption tax than a few days ago.

I’d like to visit Holland again. I had a job in Breda a few years back, and it was great.
    Jack Roberts
    "Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought"--Albert Szent-Gyorgy
    edited October 2019
    Japanese, but there are some interesting images even if you cant understand the language:

I Iearned a new word from this video: bokasu. It id derived from boke, a noun, and is another example of verbing a noun. bokasu could be translated as “creating bokeh”, and was used in a sentence describing the picture of the rose where Ueda san says: usually it is difficult to create bokeh with wide angle lenses.”
    Post edited by Symphotic on
    Jack Roberts
    "Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought"--Albert Szent-Gyorgy
  • BVSBVS Posts: 440Member
    Symphotic said:

Japanese, but there are some interesting images even if you cant understand the language:

I Iearned a new word from this video: bokasu. It id derived from boke, a noun, and is another example of verbing a noun. bokasu could be translated as “creating bokeh”, and was used in a sentence describing the picture of the rose where Ueda san says: usually it is difficult to create bokeh with wide angle lenses.”

I love how the dog is just chilling on the desk.

D7100, 85 1.8G, 50 1.8G, 35 1.8G DX, Tokina 12-28 F4, 18-140, 55-200 VR DX
    It is always the factory price first here for a couple of month Jack, I'am not in a hurry, so I wait till the price drops. The first impression is that the 24mm is on par with the 50mm and that is super, but everything I get from the Z6 is better then ever before.

When you come to Holland, send me a message, we do a coffee :) .
    This is also for everybody on the forum, to meet you is much more fun. I live in the neighbourhood of The Haque, Holland is n't that big.
    Latest review:

Jack Roberts
  • donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,675Member
    Good to see that all of the S lenses are first class glass.

Good to see that all of the S lenses are first class glass.

They seem to be working out fine, don’t they?
    Jack Roberts
    edited October 2019
    Just a 40mm pancake and the 70-200 f/2.8 S and I have my range complete again.

I'am curious what the result will be of the 24mm and 50mm f/1.8 S with the 24-70 mm f/4 S and f/2.8 S, but I think that I already know.

And 1/4 sec handheld, ok, ok 1/8 sec in my case :)

My DSLR is in the bag now for months as a curiosity. complete with my serie of lenses. Well my granddaughter borrows it, so it is still being used sometimes.
    Post edited by Ton14 on
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,742Member
    Note the following article from Photography Life that indicates that the Canon 85mm 1.2 will be USD 3,000.

I guess we know what the Z 1.2s will cost.
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,881Member

Note the following article from Photography Life that indicates that the Canon 85mm 1.2 will be USD 3,000.

That's the "special" DS version - the normal version is a little cheaper - $2700. But yeah I expect the Nikon to be about $3k since Nikon usually charges more anyway.
    mhedges said:

That's the "special" DS version - the normal version is a little cheaper - $2700. But yeah I expect the Nikon to be about $3k since Nikon usually charges more anyway.
    I am sure that whatever Nikon brings out will be competing with the DS Version, not the "normal" version.

I am sure that whatever Nikon brings out will be competing with the DS Version, not the "normal" version.

I'm still trying to figure out what the difference is. I guess we will get comparisons once the DS version is out there.
    I think the Canon site has some examples.
  • BVSBVS Posts: 440Member
    edited October 2019
    There's an article on DPR about the difference as well. Basically, it's for improving bokeh, and gives you bokeh balls with soft blurred edges instead of hard sharp edges.
    Post edited by BVS on
    D7100, 85 1.8G, 50 1.8G, 35 1.8G DX, Tokina 12-28 F4, 18-140, 55-200 VR DX
    So an an extra $300, better bokeh (worth $300 in my view) and some loss in resolution - I suspect some design trade offs.
    BVS said:

There's an article on DPR about the difference as well. Basically, it's for improving bokeh, and gives you bokeh balls with soft blurred edges instead of hard sharp edges.

Thanks! Just looked at it.

So an an extra $300, better bokeh (worth $300 in my view) and some loss in resolution - I suspect some design trade offs.

Looks like it's just a different coating on two of the lens elements. Pretty amazing how much of a difference it can make.
    edited October 2019
    A video from Nikon using various lenses:

(Including the Noct)
    Post edited by Symphotic on
    Jack Roberts
  • KnockKnockKnockKnock Posts: 398Member
    nice storytelling
    D7100, D60, 35mm f/1.8 DX, 50mm f/1.4, 18-105mm DX, 18-55mm VR II, Sony RX-100 ii
    Amazon tells me they will ship my 24 next week.
    Jack Roberts
  • ggbutcherggbutcher Posts: 390Member
    My 70-300 AF-P came in the mail today. Didn't know how much I missed a good reach; I just put it on the Z6 and walked around the yard and house, looking at things. Did take a few pictures, nothing to write home about.

This lens just seemed to be a no-brainer, decent resolution for a zoom at a rather low price. I also have the option of using it sans-FTZ with my D7000, mindful of the lose-focus-when-meter-times-out thing. Now I have to plan my morning railroad yard walkabout differently, not sure I want to take on a lens change in that environment. There's call for both wide-angle and tele compositions as the locomotives trundle through their preparations, so now I'll need to consider in advance where each are, rather than just encountering them with the 18-140 zoom on the D7000. Such problems... :smiley:
    ggbutcher said:

My 70-300 AF-P came in the mail today. Didn't know how much I missed a good reach; I just put it on the Z6 and walked around the yard and house, looking at things. Did take a few pictures, nothing to write home about.

This lens just seemed to be a no-brainer, decent resolution for a zoom at a rather low price. I also have the option of using it sans-FTZ with my D7000, mindful of the lose-focus-when-meter-times-out thing. Now I have to plan my morning railroad yard walkabout differently, not sure I want to take on a lens change in that environment. There's call for both wide-angle and tele compositions as the locomotives trundle through their preparations, so now I'll need to consider in advance where each are, rather than just encountering them with the 18-140 zoom on the D7000. Such problems... :smiley:

So it does AF on the D7000? I had heard the FX version did (DX does not, I believe).

Anyway yes it's an excellent lens. Easily the best 70-300 I've used.
  • ggbutcherggbutcher Posts: 390Member
    mhedges said:

ggbutcher said:

So it does AF on the D7000? I had heard the FX version did (DX does not, I believe).

Anyway yes it's an excellent lens. Easily the best 70-300 I've used.
    I just put it on my D7000, and it readily locked focus when I half-pressed the shutter button. Then, I sat and waited for the viewfinder data to disappear; when it did, the focus stayed where it was set. When I half-pressed the shutter button, the focus swung in and out and re-settled on the previous distance. I can deal with that behavior.
  • donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,675Member
    edited November 2019
    This seems to be very good from what I can see here. NOCT in action

Nikon Z7 + Nikon 58/0,95

1/160s f0,95, ISO 160

#fotori

Link:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10214468455561570&set=gm.653346171857984&type=3&theater&ifg=1 My only criticism is that I don't like a catchlight low in the eye. Personal preference. I like catchlights middle or higher in the eye.
    Post edited by donaldejose on