Post all forum problems here

PeterPeter Posts: 178Administrator
edited December 2012 in General Discussions
If you have any issues with the new forum platform, pelase post them here and I will try to address them asap. I am aware that in same cases you get logged out and I am trying to find a a solution. For now, if you click on the "Discussions" link, you will be logged back in again. We had a similar issue on the old forum, and I have no idea what is causing it.
Post edited by Peter on
admin | nikonrumors.com

Comments

• Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
    I'm sure you are more than aware of some of the issue...which over time will be address. However, there is one recommendation I would like to put forth: a way to identify the quoted text from the response being given. Some thing to identify the difference of the two.

Cheers,

Ali
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
  • shawninoshawnino Posts: 453Member
    Aside from the logout stuff, I'd like to report something in the Testing thread. Don't know if it's a bug or my browser, or an unsuccessful attempt to post an image:

I can't see the image in Golf007sd's post (roughly post #24) nor in the requote by Parke1953 (post that immediately follows it). I see a little blue box with a white question mark inside it.

In contrast, I can se the image Ironheart posted of the tog on the beach (roughly post #8) embedded in the post, although it says it was resized.

So I don't know if this is a forum issue or not. 
  • PeterPeter Posts: 178Administrator
    I believe I fixed the logout issue. The problem was that if you go to forum.nikonrumors.com, you will get logged out, but if you go to forum.nikonrumors.com/discussions you stay logged in. I changed all links and will continue to test. Merry Christmas everybody!
    admin | nikonrumors.com
    Aside from the logout stuff, I'd like to report something in the Testing thread. Don't know if it's a bug or my browser, or an unsuccessful attempt to post an image:

I can't see the image in Golf007sd's post (roughly post #24) nor in the requote by Parke1953 (post that immediately follows it). I see a little blue box with a white question mark inside it.

In contrast, I can se the image Ironheart posted of the tog on the beach (roughly post #8) embedded in the post, although it says it was resized.

So I don't know if this is a forum issue or not. 

I think the images were not inserted properly, I cannot see them either. Let me do some testing.
    admin | nikonrumors.com
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    edited December 2012
    I'm sure you are more than aware of some of the issue...which over time will be address. However, there is one recommendation I would like to put forth: a way to identify the quoted text from the response being given. Some thing to identify the difference of the two.

Cheers,

Ali

The quoted text is indented. Perhaps it can be italicized as well?
    Post edited by Ironheart on
    hmm, let me see
    admin | nikonrumors.com
    I have not yet implemented a forum search function - will do it tomorrow.
    admin | nikonrumors.com
  • kyoshinikonkyoshinikon Posts: 411Member
    I want an edit an existing post like the old forum had
    “To photograph is to hold one’s breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It’s at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy.” - Bresson
    There is an edit function to each comment - do you see it?
    admin | nikonrumors.com
  • FozzyffpFozzyffp Posts: 23Member
    not really a problem but i did prefer the white background.

-Matt
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Sorry Peter but I think Fozzy means he preferred the black background as he is using past tense and I agree with him - white is sooo hard on the eyes when reading text too.  At least could we knock off the brightness to a grey?

I am not being logged out when I navigate the site now - great!
    Always learning.
  • kanuckkanuck Posts: 1,300Member

Everything looks okay for me..

I just came back from the old site and got logged out again Peter.
    Always learning.
  • bjrichusbjrichus Posts: 23Member
    I just came back from the old site and got logged out again Peter.
    I just came from the old site and was still logged in to the new one!

Go figure??

Happy Christmas by the way...
  • shawninoshawnino Posts: 453Member
    I am no longer being logged out. 
    Still logged in - that's good.

For me a big problem is that the old forum used to say how many minutes ago a post was made whereas the new just seems to say a USA time which means nothing to the rest of us!

I hope that is an easy fix Peter?
    Always learning.
    There also needs to be a way to jump straight to the most recent post please to save endless scrolling down.
    Always learning.
    Let me look into those issues.
    admin | nikonrumors.com
  • ben_v3ben_v3 Posts: 59Member
    There also needs to be a way to jump straight to the most recent post please to save endless scrolling down.
    Mine already seems to jump to the bottom of the post when I open it.
    D600 | AF-S 24-70mm 1:2.8G ED | AF 20mm 1:2.8 D | SB-800
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_v3/
  • Parke1953Parke1953 Posts: 456Member
    Christmas day here on the west coast (USA). MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    How to Post  Photo on Photo-A-Day

In the new post....

First press the <> icon next to the printer Icon

Then add you script

And finally paste a copy of the 640 pixel size HTML code from Flickr into you comment.

Msmoto, mod
    Mine already seems to jump to the bottom of the post when I open it.
    Nope, I go half-way on some, bottom on others.

The PM facility is a little convoluted - maybe would need a FAQ explanation.

Always learning.
  • kyoshinikonkyoshinikon Posts: 411Member
    I like the muted yellow. Thanks admin/Peter :D
    “To photograph is to hold one’s breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It’s at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy.” - Bresson
    Very welcome. There are few minor tweaks left, but I think the new forum is great!
    admin | nikonrumors.com
  • SanookSanook Posts: 66Member
    edited July 2014
    Post edited by Sanook on