How to Post a Photo on Photo-A-Day- NEW INSTRUCTIONS

Comments

• GitzoGitzo Posts: 174Member
    O.K.....24 hours later...I have calmed down; Arlene and I have been playing free cell for the last hour, so I'm absolutely dead calm; ready to try again; ( I swear, last night I got so worked up trying to deal with Flickr and Yahoo that I was about ready to go outside and roll in the snow to cool down; only it got up to 50 deg. yesterday, and the snow was all gone, replaced with lots of mud; and I NEVER roll in mud; can't stand to get muddy. Well, I didn't have to worry about getting into Flickr......was still logged in from yesterday; My Guru/wife showed me how to get the pictures to Flickr; (then promptly went to bed) (with strict instructions...."don't stay up all night') followed Msmoto's instructions to a "T"; I guess I'll know if it "worked" when I go look on PAD. (If there's a picture of a butterscotch cat on PAD, we'll know it worked.) If not............I guess I'll drop back and punt.
  • Dredden85Dredden85 Posts: 365Member
    @Gitzo- Good luck! :)
    D7000, 18-200VRII | 50 1.8G | SB-900
    edited April 2013
    Now that I have FINALLY managed to get 3 pictures out of Flickr and onto PAD, ( first one too small, then the second one too big, and finally the third one was "just right"; but I'm still......( what ever you call it when you can't figure something out )........apparently, when you "import" an image into Flickr, the file size of the image must determine what options you have to "resize" it to, before sending it to PAD; if this is in fact correct, either I'm going to be forced to put VERY dinky pictures on PAD.........or I'm going to have to find a better way of "re-sizing" them before sending them to PAD. Many of the pictures I up-loaded to Flickr can only be re-sized to 200 X 294 pixels; (which is exactly what happened to my big red bird) Does anyone know of any way to resize them to 640 pixels once they are already in Flickr ?
    Post edited by Gitzo on
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Gitzo, you are working too hard at this. All you need to do is upload the full size image to flickr. Once it is there you simply go to "share", make sure "medium 640" is selected and then select and copy the "HTML/BBCode" code and paste it in here. Don't mess with anything other than full size uploads to flickr, and the rest will happen seamlessly. Besides, we all want to pixel peep your full size images anyway. If you try to outsmart it by uploading a pic of a specific size it will just get confused (or you will :-) ). Keep going you are *almost* there!
    Post edited by Ironheart on
  • DXV_PhotoDXV_Photo Posts: 160Member
    edited April 2013
    Testing

Post edited by DXV_Photo on
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Just a note...once you have tested, why not delete the test and post on PAD? This will keep the instructions easier to find. Thanks to all...

And, to remind those who are searching....from Flickr:

Post photo on your Flickr account.

From your Photostream click the photo one time.

Now at the top left is a “Share” tab.

CLICK this and from the “Grab the HTML/BBCode” select the “Medium 640 (xxx x 640) size.

COPY the code shown in the window

Then WRITE your comments and PASTE the HTML code from Flickr.

This does work!
    Msmoto, mod
    edited May 2013
    Update: New Flickr format....

From your photostream on Flickr:
    Click on photo
    Click on the small box with arrow in lower right
    Copy the HTML code for Medium 640
    Paste this directly in your new post on PAD

For those who want to test this, fine, but delete your test afterward so newbies can see the instructions.

Thanks
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
  • BrucePhotographyBrucePhotography Posts: 40Member

CLICK this and from the “Grab the HTML/BBCode” select the “Medium 640 (xxx x 640) size.
    COPY the code shown in the window <a href="etc,,,

There may be other ways to get photos up, but this one works.
    Just a note...once you have tested, why not delete the test and post on PAD? This will keep the instructions easier to find. Thanks to all...

And, to remind those who are searching....from Flickr:

COPY the code shown in the window

This does work!
    There is NO SHARE tab on the new Flickr account. Can you give an example using the new format of Flickr?

Thanks

@BrucePhotography, please read @Msmoto's post that starts "Update: New Flickr format...."
    And make sure you upload full size, but only grab the 640px HTML code. This will put the smaller photo into the forum, but allow folks to click through to the full size with EXIF data, etc...
    Here we go again ! Now that Flickr has changed their format, I'm right back where I started.....unable to copy the picture to move it to PAD; I went to my photo stream in Flickr, clicked on a picture........and nothing happened ! At one point, there were three little square boxes; clicked the one on the far right......nothing happened; tried the middle one......the whole thing "went away"; finally hit "escape", the whole thing went away; ( and my Guru wife went to Branson for the week with her son and his family; ( I stay home to take care of my cats and dogs, plus I'm not "big" on country music.) But it's OK......I didn't want to post a picture on PAD anyway; (maybe next year?)
    edited June 2013
    Gitzo:

You must start with your photostream...In the opening page of Flickr, there is a menu item on the top left, "YOU". Run your pointer over this and a drop down menu will show "PHOTOSTREAM". Click on "PHOTOSTREAM" and then follow the instructions as posted here:

Update: New Flickr format....

From your photostream on Flickr:
    Click on photo
    Click on the small box with arrow in lower right
    Copy the HTML code for Medium 640
    Paste this directly in your new post on PAD

For those who want to test this, fine, but DELETE YOUR TEST AFTER YOU COMPLETE IT so newbies can see the instructions printed here.

Thanks
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
    You can post all of your tests to the following thread rather than pollute this one.
    http://forum.nikonrumors.com/discussion/6/testing
    I have spent hours on Flickr, trying to figure it out; prior to making the above post, I had uploaded something from Flickr and it only came up as a link; THEN I made the post; a few hours later, when I got back on NRF, the thing had opened, (all by it's self) I just now spent hours and hours reading everything I could find on Flickr, learned quite a bit (about some things), but when I would highlight the code on the photo, every time I tried to copy it, the highlighted code would disappear when I clicked on "edit", (before I could click on "copy"); after about a dozen fruitless attempts, it finally worked......"more or less"......(mostly less) the same thing happened all over again; the text came up with the link, but no picture.

I give up; this is becoming too agravating for me; if anyone wants to see the picture, I guess you'll have to click on the link; in the meantime, I have a building to build, ( and I still need to saw the logs up to make the lumber to build the thing with. )
    edited June 2013
    I think my satellite internet connection is about 3/4 of my problem; it's always slower than maple syrup in January, but now I think I "ran over" my monthly "allotment" of (whatever), and they cut it back to "a sick snail's pace in January"! ( it's a good thing we're not allowed to swear on here ! )

@ Tommie; the "new" Flicker; it's great......in some ways; but when I bring up my photo stream, then select the picture I want, I get a picture maybe 5" X 7"; then, when I click it ONE time, it suddenly become 13" X 23", filling my whole screen; when I click it again.....it starts moving around ! ( but STILL the box you need to click on doesn't come up ) It's a good thing I'm patient; (sometimes) I had to do everything six times to even get a link to come up on PAD !

When I finished typing the post above this one, I clicked it once, and it "jiggled"; the second click, it "jiggled" again; the third click.......it completely disappeared ! (For ten minutes !) I went up on PAD to see if the dumb picture had "arrived"; (nope)......came back down here, and the text HAD arrived. But there were about 10 other poor souls pulling their hair out before I left; now, when i came back here......all of them have "disappeared" !

I really love living out here in "the boonies"......all except for the pitiful internet connection; (which sucks)
    I'll check back in a couple of days and see if the link has turned into a picture yet.......
    Post edited by Gitzo on
    edited March 2014
    NEW INSTRUCTIONS: Posting from Flickr

From your Photostream,
    Click on a picture.
    On the right of the image will be a box with an arrow coming from it. Click this box.
    Click on the “Medium size down arrow to open the size menu.
    Click on Medium 640 for correct size for NRF.
    Check the HTML box.
    Copy the code, making certain you get it all.
    Paste this code in the composing box on NRF.

For those who want to test this, fine, but DELETE YOUR TEST AFTER YOU COMPLETE IT so newbies can see the instructions printed here.

Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
  • lasherlasher Posts: 14Member
    edited June 2014
    testing auto resizing

Post edited by lasher on
    edited June 2014
    resizing works, but if i click to see it full size there's no way to get back to resized other than backing out and reopening the topic

Post edited by lasher on
  • Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
    The best way to post on our forum is to open a Flickr account...it is free.
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
    i don't yahoo unfortunately, i'll resize in paint and upload
    Flickr keeps changing their website layout, thus, new instructions:

From your Flickr account photostream:
    Click on image
    Click on the curved outline arrow in lower right hand corner
    Click HTML
    Click on the size box and select medium size with maximum 640
    Copy HTML code
    Paste code in your post on NRF
    Msmoto, mod
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    Thank you Msmoto for the revised instructions. It's been a while since I posted in PAD and when I did the last one I had to work at it go get the HTML code.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
    You are welcome… and to keep the instructions in the last post….

From your Flickr account photostream:
    Click on image
    Click on the curved outline arrow in lower right hand corner
    Click HTML
    Click on the size box and select medium size with maximum 640
    Copy HTML code
    Paste code in your post on NRF
    Msmoto, mod