D9300 All Discussions

Comments

• TaoTeJaredTaoTeJared Posts: 1,306Member
    And yet you provide no refutation, just lots of bluster. Im not gonna lie, its painful reading the back and forth from the two of you, but its worth pointing out how personally you seem to take everything. You come off angry and obsessed with being perceived as the last word on all things photo and business related. You're not, and you do a terrible job defending your positions and too often resort to ad hominem attacks to wiggle your way out of the argument. Ade isn't a troll, he's just happy to have a debate with you when you say something demonstrably false. Evidenced by your behaviour, you'd rather have a pissing match than a conversation.
    I'm not going to waste writing pages going into accounting basics or other topics on a photography site. No one came here to learn about the nuances of accounting nor would care to read it. Nor am I going to waste my time correcting someone who's only knowledge comes from a 5 second Google search. You want to blindly follow and pile on programmer's attacks on a former analyst who's one of many duties was working with internal audit for fortune 1000 companies - go for it.
    In the past two years 80% of Ade's posts are attacks on things I post and rarely are ever about photography but some nauseating sub topic that has no relationship to a topic and no one cares about. And yes I do track it, because it is that ridiculous. I will call him out every single time. I'm sick and tired of this crap as well, as the moderators are well aware of. If you don't like it, go to the source of the issue or the moderators and not fill threads with more garbage.
    D800, D300, D50(ir converted), FujiX100, Canon G11, Olympus TG2. Nikon lenses - 24mm 2.8, 35mm 1.8, (5 in all)50mm, 60mm, 85mm 1.8, 105vr, 105 f2.5, 180mm 2.8, 70-200vr1, 24-120vr f4. Tokina 12-24mm, 16-28mm, 28-70mm (angenieux design), 300mm f2.8. Sigma 15mm fisheye. Voigtlander R2 (olive) & R2a, Voigt 35mm 2.5, Zeiss 50mm f/2, Leica 90mm f/4. I know I missed something...
    What if the D9300 is a mini DF?... yuck.
    I don't see that happening as the continual drum of the "where is the D400" as not subsided at all and I believe we would be hearing about more DX primes being designed, which we haven't.

That said I wouldn't mind seeing a DX DF mirrorless but I don't think that is in the cards at all.
    D800, D300, D50(ir converted), FujiX100, Canon G11, Olympus TG2. Nikon lenses - 24mm 2.8, 35mm 1.8, (5 in all)50mm, 60mm, 85mm 1.8, 105vr, 105 f2.5, 180mm 2.8, 70-200vr1, 24-120vr f4. Tokina 12-24mm, 16-28mm, 28-70mm (angenieux design), 300mm f2.8. Sigma 15mm fisheye. Voigtlander R2 (olive) & R2a, Voigt 35mm 2.5, Zeiss 50mm f/2, Leica 90mm f/4. I know I missed something...
  • SquamishPhotoSquamishPhoto Posts: 608Member
    And yet you provide no refutation, just lots of bluster. Im not gonna lie, its painful reading the back and forth from the two of you, but its worth pointing out how personally you seem to take everything. You come off angry and obsessed with being perceived as the last word on all things photo and business related. You're not, and you do a terrible job defending your positions and too often resort to ad hominem attacks to wiggle your way out of the argument. Ade isn't a troll, he's just happy to have a debate with you when you say something demonstrably false. Evidenced by your behaviour, you'd rather have a pissing match than a conversation.
    I'm not going to waste writing pages going into accounting basics or other topics on a photography site. No one came here to learn about the nuances of accounting nor would care to read it. Nor am I going to waste my time correcting someone who's only knowledge comes from a 5 second Google search. You want to blindly follow and pile on programmer's attacks on a former analyst who's one of many duties was working with internal audit for fortune 1000 companies - go for it.
    In the past two years 80% of Ade's posts are attacks on things I post and rarely are ever about photography but some nauseating sub topic that has no relationship to a topic and no one cares about. And yes I do track it, because it is that ridiculous. I will call him out every single time. I'm sick and tired of this crap as well, as the moderators are well aware of. If you don't like it, go to the source of the issue or the moderators and not fill threads with more garbage.
    Jesus christ, man. You just don't get it. Its hopeless.
    Mike
    D3 • D750 • 14-24mm f2.8 • 35mm f1.4A • PC-E 45mm f2.8 • 50mm f1.8G • AF-D 85mm f1.4 • ZF.2 100mm f2 • 200mm f2 VR2
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    Getting back on topic, I agree that the D9300 will not be mirrorless. Still trying to think what really new feature could be added to this model that would catch us all by surprise. I finally decided if they included most of the criteria listed in the D400 and D9300 forums, it would draw lots of interest from many types of photographers.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
  • snakebunksnakebunk Posts: 993Member
    As long as it is the best DX camera ever I think it will be ok.
  • LkyLky Posts: 8Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm going to throw my bets in,

Unrealistic hope,
    Beautiful 8bit 4k, unbinned option, 10bit Hdmi.
    Cfast or XQD along with a SD slot.

Realistic hope,
    14bit uncompressed.

Killer battery life would be great too.
    Ty Nikon.
    Post edited by Lky on
  • manhattanboymanhattanboy Posts: 1,003Member
    I'm going to throw my bets in,

Unrealistic hope,
    Beautiful 8bit 4k, unbinned option, 10bit Hdmi.
    Cfast or XQD along with a SD slot.

Realistic hope,
    14bit uncompressed.

Killer battery life would be great too.
    Ty Nikon.
    Its interesting that you mention your hopes, as they are geared for video. Maybe Nikon will follow Canon and start a video DSLR line as an antithesis to their "pure photography" Df. Dv anyone?

side rant: I still don't understand Nikon's naming scheme for the "Df" as their website says it hearkens back to the F-series, so why not call it the "DF" instead of the "Df"?
  • G_BobG_Bob Posts: 1Member
    What i'd like to see is not going to happen.

I'd like to see an all new sensor around 16mp with a 1.2-1.3x crop factor.
    The camera could use DX lenses but have a pixel arrangement a lot more like a full-frame, giving better DOF and low-light capability than a DX sensor. It would obviously not be as good as the current line-up of full-frame sensors, but getting close to D3 low-light performance would be good while maintaining a little more reach for sports/wild-life.

A lot of other specs from the D300s, like 8-9fps, 51 AF points, big buffer.
    New expeed processor to make it speedy.

That's my wish-list.
  • Ray610Ray610 Posts: 19Member
    edited May 2014
    $1599
    Expeed4
    Real-Time Liveview Response
    Articulated LCD
    Touchscreen LCD
    Auto Light-Blocking for Viewfinder/LCD swapping.
    Five-shot bracketing including HDR
    24 MP

Post edited by Ray610 on
  • donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,675Member
    Let's hope the rumor is true and it is the long awaited replacement for the D300s. At the very least we can expect it to be the best DX sensor Nikon offers, if a D9300 does appear. I don't think it would contain things like an articulated LCD because I would expect it to have the most rugged build of all DX bodies and an articulated screen is a weak point. But I do think we could see "trickle down" features from the D4s such as group area autofocus, area specific high ISO processing, etc.
  • sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    I am trying to understand the difference between the D400 and the D9300

Both DX
    Both priced between the D7100 and the D600
    Both 8-9fps
    Both 51 AF points
    Both Native ISO up to 12,800
    Both 24 mp
    Both DO NOT EXIST

• snakebunksnakebunk Posts: 993Member
    @sevencrossing: They will be exactly the same until one of them exists, after that they will be complete different.
    I fear Nikon will abandon the DXXX line and just insert a D9XXX model above the D7XXX model.
    I fear Nikon will abandon the DXXX line and just insert a D9XXX model above the D7XXX model.
    Don't agree with that assessment. Nikon sells lots of D3XXX and D5XXX models. Volume is important to profits, I don't see them walking away from the entry level DSLR. Still expecting this year a D2000 that will be smaller than the D3300 body. It will be priced competitively with the entry level Canon DSLR.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    edited May 2014
    Don't agree with that assessment. Nikon sells lots of D3XXX and D5XXX models. Volume is important to profits, I don't see them walking away from the entry level DSLR. Still expecting this year a D2000 that will be smaller than the D3300 body. It will be priced competitively with the entry level Canon DSLR.
    What does that have to do with what donalde said? He said he feared Nikon would drop the Dxxx line (aka D300), not the D3xxx or D5xxxx line. :-?
    Post edited by PB_PM on
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
    edited May 2014
    I fear Nikon will abandon the DXXX line .
    what no D800 , D600

Post edited by sevencrossing on
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Maybe we will see another full frame model, but at a still lower price point than a D600. Limited features for sure, but figuring out Nikon is a near impossibility.

The D9300 as has been pointed out does not exist just as the D400, but in the remote possibility it is on the drawing board, or has been field tested, it may have numbers like the D4 now that we have the D4s out. And, I would think many of the current upgrades in processing speed, focus, etc. would be included. If Nikon wants to continue to be competitive with Canon, they are going to have to keep up.
    Msmoto, mod
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    If Nikon wants to continue to be competitive with Canon, they are going to have to keep up.
    Nikon have to keep up with Canon you mean? Heck, if Nikon did nothing for two years they would still not be behind Canon!
    Always learning.
    My error. When I said drop the DXXX line I meant the DXXX DX sensor line. I was just talking about the D400 being dead and replaced by a higher number DXXXX line. We do still have the D500 numbered line which Nikon could use for an FX sensor body priced (and featured) lower than the D600/D610. My wish is, and has always been, for a "mini D4" (now D4s) with an FX sensor. Same features but smaller body size. Maybe using a lighter body.
    edited May 2014
    My wish is, and has always been, for a "mini D4" (now D4s) with an FX sensor. Same features but smaller body size. Maybe using a lighter body.
    I think that was the idea of the Df

My error again! Having lots of trouble lately. I meant to say a mini D4 with a DX sensor. Just scale down the D4/D4S to the size of the D7000/D7100 bodies, add a built in vertical grip and make the body lighter (perhaps graphite reinforced plastic rather than full metal?). DX is "good enough" for most uses. Don't need a full size D4 style and weight body to house a DX chip. Produce some high quality DX glass (or get it from third parties) and you could have a D4/D4s equivalent in a smaller and lighter size. Would it sell? Don't know. Will a DX body above the D7100 family sell? I think it will sell lots of units. Just keep the price under $2,000.
    edited May 2014
    . Just scale down the D4/D4S to the size of the D7000/D7100 bodies, .
    I don't think, just putting in a DX sensor would reduce the size, or the price, that much. The D300 was only very slightly smaller than the D700

But there are 85 pages on this here

http://forum.nikonrumors.com/discussion/34/d300s-successor-d400-what-and-when/p77

and a further 35 pages here
    http://nikonrumors.com/forum/topic.php?id=5160&page=4

:-w :-w :-w
    What does that have to do with what donalde said? He said he feared Nikon would drop the Dxxx line (aka D300), not the D3xxx or D5xxxx line. :-?
    Ouch...did I miss his point...sure did big time. Sorry about that.

If he is referring to the D300 okay I get it. But they wouldn't make a stupid decision and drop the D610 and D800?

If Nikon wants to continue to be competitive with Canon, they are going to have to keep up.
    Nikon have to keep up with Canon you mean? Heck, if Nikon did nothing for two years they would still not be behind Canon!
    Yep Canon hasn't released anything either but it seems their rumor mill is talking about a new 7d MKii. Canon and Nikon's plants for these models were destroyed in the floods. Maybe they just decided to skip a generation.
    edited May 2014
    TaoTeJared Maybe they just decided to skip a generation.

Yes, and the next generation might just be missing a mirror box