Post all forum problems here

Comments

• adamzadamz Posts: 842Moderator
    I think 5000 is more than enough. nobody reads more than that.
  • PeterPeter Posts: 178Administrator
    The whole idea behind this limit is to fight spam.
    admin | nikonrumors.com
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    What is the value of the + - buttons? I guess it might reduce the wasted bandwidth of +1 posts, but besides that the value is lost on me.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    10K? :O Hell nooooo!
    Always learning.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    I'm with Adam...5,000 characters...
    Msmoto, mod
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    I don't know, I think we have enough characters on this forum already. :D
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
    A :^o or a 8-} is worth a thousand characters!
    Always learning.
    What is the value of the + - buttons? I guess it might reduce the wasted bandwidth of +1 posts, but besides that the value is lost on me.
    +1. means you like the comment, -1 means you don"t - it's just another way to give your feedback if you don't feel like writing a comment
    admin | nikonrumors.com
    I think 5000 is more than enough. nobody reads more than that.
    ok, changing back to 5000 characters
    admin | nikonrumors.com
  • shawninoshawnino Posts: 453Member
    Any hope of getting 'insert file' back?
    @shawino - it was taken down due to potential security risk, and I doubt it's gonna be on again
  • shawninoshawnino Posts: 453Member
    Thanks adamz. I'm going to have to PM you for more detailed PAD instructions.

Been all over DigitalRev and everything I bring here from there is thumbnail sized. No idea how you made my image larger.
    Why do new postings not bump the thread up to the top now? Or if they do for you, why not for me?
    Always learning.
    they should go up, apart from the very first four topics which are marked as announced.
    edited January 2013
    Let's see if this goes to the top... or sixth position.... Sure enough..
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
    Duh, I got confused! Sorry guys...... 8-|
    Always learning.
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    what happened to all the emoticons ??
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

edited January 2013
    They are under the smiley icon top right in the reply box hearty.

What I would like is a btter selection of emoticon - we have doubles and bizzare stuff, but no :rolleyes: or :AWSOME: emoticons for a start.
    Post edited by spraynpray on
    Always learning.
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    edited January 2013
    They are under the smiley icon top right in the reply box hearty.

What I would like is a btter selection of emoticon - we have doubles and bizzare stuff, but no :rolleyes: or :AWSOME: emoticons for a start.
    Weird .. It wasnt working for me before.. just happy its working now !

\:D/ -> awesome !

Just figured why it did not work for me.. when you edit a post the emoticons dropdown doesn't work anymore..

Hmm .. its working again .. what the !!

8-} 8-} 8-}
    Post edited by heartyfisher on
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• Swame_spSwame_sp Posts: 58Member
    edited January 2013
    How about having the page numbers displayed in the forums page on each post? Cause to read the last page I have to go through first page and move to end.

I mean this happens when the user is not logged in.
    Post edited by Swame_sp on
    This problem persists: In the reply box I am seeing saved drafts of posts I did earlier when I return to a thread anytime later. I have tried deleting it and pressing save draft to clear it but that doesn't stop it coming back if I visit again later. Any ideas? I think we had the ability to get to the drafts and delete them in the old editor, but I can't find that since the editor changed.
    Always learning.
    edited January 2013
    Emoticon test :-/

And now the edit.... mmm...cannot get the emoticon to drop down...oh well. :-)) :-)) :-))

And the second try it worked...??? But incorrect emoticon....and three of them...well, it adds to the fun...
    Mmmm... :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
  • JorPetJorPet Posts: 14Member
    Does anyone else have problems getting to the new forums using Firefox? Peter got me here by suggesting that I try another browser and IE is working fine, so at least I can get here. Haven't tried with my home laptop, only my work laptop with Firefox and work has us locked into an older version (10.0.9 ESR Version). It is sadly controlled by the IT group at work and I'm wondering if it is the version that is causing the issues.
  • Parke1953Parke1953 Posts: 456Member
    JorPet Firefox 18.0 works great.