Should we start organizing real meetings of forum members/blog readers? Meeting Schedule is Posted.

Comments

• obajobaobajoba Posts: 206Member
    I'm just north of Denver, about 75-90 minutes from the Springs depending on traffic. I would absolutely love to join you on a few of the day trips. I will stay at home and drive down for the trips early in the morning. Count me in for the day trips, though I don't have a lot of vacation time by the time July rolls around since I will be spending a month in South Africa the month before.
    D4 | 70-200 2.8 VR | 24-70 2.8 | TC-17e II
  • blandbland Posts: 812Member
    The plan in my book consists of: meet, talk, have some laughs, hang out as a group. eat, drink, party, and without question go shooting at some great locations. It is all good.

That's what I'm looking for too, it'll be a hoot!

• YetibuddhaYetibuddha Posts: 388Member
    Is anyone else interested in the Glacier aspect of the trip? I am on board. Am willing to make lodging arrangements if people wish. Don't know any $565 night hotels, not in my circle of hotels I guess.
  • Dredden85Dredden85 Posts: 365Member
    edited March 2013
    I do not mean to get to far off topic but I plan to attend the F1 race in Bahrain, April 19-21st. I hope to see any [NR] members there.
    http://www.bahraingp.com/Pages/default.aspx

Please PM me if are planning to attend. I can recommend good hotels.
    Post edited by Dredden85 on
    D7000, 18-200VRII | 50 1.8G | SB-900
  • rmprmp Posts: 586Member
    Hello All,

If you guys are going to hold this meeting, you need to post some details like dates, hotels, etc. so some advance planning, like family vacations, can take place. Bob
    Robert M. Poston: D4, D810, V3, 14-24 F2.8, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, 80-400, 105 macro.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    edited March 2013
    For all who have an interest in getting together.....send a PM to me and I will email you a long list of links to various shooting venues in a 100 mile or so radius of Colorado Springs.

The plans at present are for some get togethers on July 26, 27, and 28. My suggestion is folks do some images in the days before this and possibly we can figure a way to show these on Friday and Saturday evening. On the 26th, no doubt we will get together for possibly lunch and dinner to meet each other.

The real desirable thing about this venue is the great photo ops in the area.

I will be in the Springs from the 24th to the 30th.

So, those interested....send me a PM with your email and I will send a list of things to do.
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
  • adamzadamz Posts: 842Moderator
    if I manage to get decently prized plane tickets I'll be in the area from 21st of June, so if some of You wanna meet earlier that's also an option. I like the option of meeting together on the 26th to check our snaps.

for all organisation issues please PM msmoto, she will be there for sure and knows what to do :)
  • blandbland Posts: 812Member
    Will there me a list sent to those of us going to see who all is coming?
    I can PM those attending about a month prior with the NRF Avatar names. We have about eight so far. I think Adam means the 21st of July. And, when I get my schedule figured out, I will let everyone know this as well. It looks like Saturday the 27th if we are not too many, we will meet for pizza in my motorhome and see photos the folks bring. If everyone puts about 5-10 images on an SD card, these will fit into the TV. The motorhome will accommodate about ten folks or if too many we can be outside as it has a TV on its side.
    Msmoto, mod
  • MikeFrewerMikeFrewer Posts: 51Member
    I hope you all have a great meet. Sorry I can't make it.
  • Dredden85Dredden85 Posts: 365Member
    I am attending the F1 race in Bahrain, April 19-21st. I hope to meet any [NR] member's :D Can't make the July meeting. I am 8000 miles from Colorado! Unless Msmoto's private jet can swing by and pick me up :D
    D7000, 18-200VRII | 50 1.8G | SB-900
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    I am attending the F1 race in Bahrain, April 19-21st. I hope to meet any [NR] member's :D
    Nice, make sure to get some good pics!
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
    Just a reminder....

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA. I will be in the area from July 24-30. We will be getting together on Friday the 26th for dinner somewhere, then Saturday flying in my private jet to Nova Scotia for a total eclipse of the sun. Oh, just kidding.

Saturday will be pizza provided by the ADMIN...out of the kindness of his heart.

The shooting venues are numerable in the area. One day will be a trip to the top of Pike's Peak, most likely on Thursday the 25th. I will be shooting the sun from 14,000 feet and will allow anyone who wants to use my filter, the opportunity to borrow it. FYI, it fits into the lens hood of a 400mm f/2.8. I will be happy to offer any suggestions if one wants to go along. Best is to drive and take a few breaks to prevent altitude sickness for those who live near sea level.

Another possible is a sunset on the plains..location TBD. Great Gorge is worthwhile and as the dates come closer I will have a fixed schedule and also on Friday I will try to make reservations at a restaurant for us, dependent on how many show up.

Here is a link for more information

http://www.fantinesvoice.com/Fantines_Voice/COLORADO_SPRINGS_FOR_NRF.html
    Msmoto, mod
  • pollardapollarda Posts: 2Member
    Speaking of Pike's Peak (off topic story), a friend used to have a Corvette that had an engine in it that was so large that GM wouldn't sell them in the U.S. He was the first person at the gate when Pike's Peak opened and he floored it and made it up to the top in an impossibly short period of time. (I forgot how quick.) Once he reached the top, a ranger could be seen running out to meet him full speed. He opened the door to meet the ranger as he approached, stood up and promptly passed out. The ranger wasn't running out to get him because he was in trouble, but simply to catch him.
  • Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
    Ok I just booked my flight. I'm leaving San Diego on July 21 and leaving Saturday 27th. I will be landing Denver where I will rent a car and then drive to Colorado Spring. Just need to know where to stay that is close to all those attending.
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
    just to confirm, I'll be attending the meeting as well. got my over-the-ocean tickets today.
    @adamz: Fabulous.
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
    OK, just for the record...July 1 we will see the "official" schedule of the first "get together".....
    Msmoto, mod
  • kyoshinikonkyoshinikon Posts: 411Member
    I would have but I am fresh at a fulltime :(
    “To photograph is to hold one’s breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It’s at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy.” - Bresson
    edited June 2013
    The following is the format for a get together of members of the Nikon Rumors Forum. There is no charge for any of this, no official registration. More specific questions may be addressed to me via PM.

INFORMATION ON PHOTOGRAPHY VENUES, LODGING, AND FOOD IS HERE:

http://www.fantinesvoice.com/Fantines_Voice/COLORADO_SPRINGS_FOR_NRF.html

Please check with the website of any place you plan on taking photos to make certain it is open.  The fires in Colorado have changed some things. Royal Gorge is CLOSED due to fire.

My plans are to be at the following venues: But, there are many other wonderful places and if one heads out of town a bit to the East, the sunrise is usually great.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 Michael Garmin's Magic Town 10 AM

Friday, July 26, 2013 Garden of the Gods 8 AM

NRF* Dinner at Restaurant TBD 5:30 PM

Saturday, July 27 Leave for Pike's Peak 8 AM

NRF* Pizza in Alice the Allegro Bus 5:30 - 10 PM
    (Courtesy of Peter.... Thanks)
    (GARDEN OF THE GODS RV RESORT, 3704 WEST COLORADO AVE.
    COLORADO SPRINGS, CO )
    We will show Images (You load on SD Card for insertion in TV)

Sunday, July 28 NRF* Breakfast at Restaurant TBD 8 AM
    Discussion of any further meetings next year

Photo venues TBD See options on  link above

Monday, July 29 Possible wildlife.....Pronghorn search or ????

Tuesday, July 30 Optional

NRF* Consider these "Group Activities"   All others are optional get togethers.  

Please contact me, Msmoto, via PM for more specific information.

This event is a casual get together and IMO provides for a wonderful time to take photos and then decide if another gathering is desired. Nikon Rumors nor any of the participants has any responsibility for the accuracy of the information and there is no connection of any kind with Nikon or any of its affiliates.
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
    Rooms booked, car rented. :)

For those attending this event, I will be staying in Denver from Sunday 21 to Wednesday. Then heading over to Colorado Springs Wednesday night till Saturday afternoon before I head out.

If anyone want to meet me while I'm in Denver, send me a PM and we will make it happen.
  • PickerelPickerel Posts: 154Member
    Hmm. Maybe I will hang out some other time when I'm not on the Appalachian Trail. That said, I'm about to hit the Whites in New Hampshire, and that'll be pretty lovely (if I don't get blown off Mt. Washington, at least).
    Appalachian Trail class of 2013, Georgia to Maine
    Continuing adventures at shepherdadventures.wordpress.com