Should we start organizing real meetings of forum members/blog readers? Meeting Schedule is Posted.

12346»

Comments

• MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    edited July 2013
    @Peter

"Driving force"......which means default organizer....LOL.....maybe next year, somewhere I can "drive" in a little over one day instead of two and a half....

But, for those who were not able to attend, we did have a great time. Beyond my expectations and in spite of some weather conditions which limited some of us in the before and after days, really a very exciting bunch of shooting venues.....

Most of all....thank you Peter for creating the Nikon Rumors website and the Forum. Great place for folks to chat, discuss, grumble, and very important...learn about the multiple subjects in photography.

Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,287Member
    Wow, seems like an excellent meeting!

Golf, did you drop your D4?
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
    @NSXTypeR: No...heaven's forbid. Adamz's strap broke on his D800. :(
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
  • DenverShooterDenverShooter Posts: 416Member
    @NSXTypeR: No...heaven's forbid. Adamz's strap broke on his D800. :(
    it wasn't the factory strap that broke ti was an aftermarket strap...

Denver Shooter
  • adamzadamz Posts: 842Moderator
    edited July 2013
    yup the aftermarket strap was ThinkTank Photo. don't know what's worst then. anyway, my d800 is at nikon germany right now, I have a couple hours break in dusseldorf till my next plane.
    Post edited by adamz on
    edited July 2013
    the top of my d800 is brand new and fully operational , though my wallet is 300euro short. however, I'm pleased with Nikon Germany for their professional approach.
    Post edited by adamz on
  • Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
    @adamz: Glad she is fixed and back to full operation. I take it that you are now going to keep her instead of selling it right?
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
  • PeterPeter Posts: 178Administrator
    Adam, I am glad that it got fixed that quickly.
    admin | nikonrumors.com
  • kkanuckkkanuck Posts: 25Member
    Adam, good job with the quick repair =D>

Just curious, were you on a layover headed home in Dusseldorf, and during that period of time you left the airport and had it repaired, then back to airport and continue home?
    @kkanuck - I had app 8 h layover in Dusseldorf and sent an email and a picture to Nikon NPS in Germany about my problem with the camera - that was on monday morning, I've also informed them that I'll be in Dusseldorf on Wednesday and asked if they'll be able to fix my camera. They replied that the app cost would be 300euro (it was 303.50 :)) and said that I should just come over to them on Wednesday morning. I've also sent one more email about the invoice (I'm a VAT EU payer) and that was it. On Wednesday morning (10.00am) I've showed up (the main office is just 5 min walk from DUS airport) and everything was as expected. They even offered me to store my carry-on so I could go to see Dusseldorf while the camera is being taken care of. I wish I had such a NPS service over here in Poland - where they said it will take at least 48h but they were unsure as they might not have the appropriate parts. I was back to Nikon at 2.30pm and my camera was waiting for me - I've spotted that the plastic part that covers the flash sync is a little bit damaged (technician must have touched it with the solder iron) and it was replaced new in less than 5min. so basically THANK YOU Nikon Germany!
  • kkanuckkkanuck Posts: 25Member
    @adamz - That is freaking awesome! Best repair story ever, only way the story could have been any better would have been if they had it ready and waiting for you for $0.00 fees to you! :-c Well done! Enjoy being back home finally!