INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE FIRST.

Comments

• MrFotoFoolMrFotoFool Posts: 353Member
    Thanks for the welcomes. I keep looking for a "like" button under your posts (which CanonRumors has), but there is none there!
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    That's right. The consensus was that they caused more trouble than they were worth, but then they went in an upgrade and now everybody wants them back. Go figure. :/
    Always learning.
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member

That's right. The consensus was that they caused more trouble than they were worth, but then they went in an upgrade and now everybody wants them back. Go figure. :/

spraynpray.......Amen. Loved that feature. When used correctly it meant something.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
    This from @bestbuddy8s - I just wanted to say Hello to best forum and best people in the whole world! I am from Balkan and I REALLY hope I will have some good times on this forum and also that I will be able to help others and learn something new each day!
    Always learning.
  • BackRoadsBackRoads Posts: 5Member
    Hi everyone. Just joined and am looking forward to catching contributing and learning. I hail from Alberta, Canada. I started photography in 1990 with Minolta Maxxum and after spending considerable time with print film, obtained another Maxxum and started using slide film. 12 years later I met my wife, started a family, discovered golf, and photography got abandoned. Move on to 2016 and after buying a Nikon D7100 for my wife, I started using it and got hooked. I now shoot with a D750 and am back into it. That's my story....and I'm sticking with it.
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    Welcome BackRoads. Nice story, like your sense of humor.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
  • FreezeActionFreezeAction Posts: 907Member
    @BackRoads, Welcome to Nikon Rumors
  • BackRoadsBackRoads Posts: 5Member
  • pnance26pnance26 Posts: 1Member
    Hi there! FNG here. Will be reading and watching...
    @pnance26, welcome to Nikon Rumors
  • levihlevih Posts: 2Member
    Hey everyone. I've been a lurker here for several years since starting my venture into Nikon videography back in 2009 with the D90. That camera served as a bonding point for me and my girlfriend at the time, who has since become my wife of 9 years and my business partner in wedding photography for five.

After the wedding photography, I moved on to only videography using the Nikon D750 (3 or 4 of them!) for the past 4 years. It's very unusual in my field, but we already had all the glass (20mm 1.8, 2x 50mm 1.4, 2x 35mm 1.4, 2x 70-200mm 2.8, 105mm 2.8) and I use that in combination with monopods, tripods, sliders, and the Ronin-S to achieve the footage I want. Canon & Sony users are always so impressed with the quality and color of my film. I love bragging on the Nikon look when I can! :smile:

Currently debating adding a Z6 to the team! (rented one and loved it!)
    Welcome @levih. It would be good to see some of your work on the PAD thread.
    Always learning.
  • jaegerjaeger Posts: 4Member
    My first camera is Nikon FM2 and I still have it today. New addons these days are Z7 and Leica MP240. I still use old Nikon professional glass and very happy with them.
  • mickn3mickn3 Posts: 1Member
    Thanks for the invitation, just getting back into photography after a long break, used to do a lot before digital but life well work got in the way, got a D40 a few years back but with one thing and another it pushed back.

Just purchased a D7500 and with only working part time now really starting to enjoy photography again,purely a hobby at minute, enjoy Aviation, Motorsport and just starting to dabble in wildlife

Just hovering on the purchase of a Nikon af-s 200-500 5.4 to replace a 15 year old Sigma 50-500
    edited October 2019
    Welcome to Nikon Rumors @mickn3... I have the 200-500 f5.6 and really enjoy using it.
    Post edited by FreezeAction on
  • BigSBigS Posts: 2Member
    Hi Everyone
    I have been reading NR for many years now and final decided to ask for an invitation.
    I am an enthusiast photographer, living in Cape Town, South Africa. I photograph mainly wildlife and landscapes with a fondness for nightscapes.

Purchased my first mirrorless Z7 when it came out and I absolutely love it. It is so much more 'fun' to shoot with the Z7 than my D850 (which remains married to my 500mm f4E prime). For everything else I use the Z7.

@BigS Welcome to Nikon Rumors
    @BigS - welcome to NR, I would like it if you would create a thread detailing the differences between using your Z7 and D850 for nightscapes - I currently use the D850 and really don't rate it for nightscapes.
    Always learning.
  • Dredden85Dredden85 Posts: 365Member
    Its been a while. How do I update my gear that we list under the post?
    D7000, 18-200VRII | 50 1.8G | SB-900
  • JasperKatJasperKat Posts: 6Member
    Hi folks,
    I hail from 'The Garden County' which is otherwise known as the beautiful Co. Wicklow in Southern Ireland.
    We're lucky enough to be close to towns; cities, beaches & mountains so I've plenty of choice on what to shoot :smile:
    I've had a D7100 for 5 years & just last week traded it in & bought a z6, can't wait to start using it!
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,881Member
    Welcome!

I went from D7200 to Z6 and love it. Let us know what you think, and put some images in the Photo A Day thread.
    Welcome @JasperKat.
    Always learning.
  • photobunnyphotobunny Posts: 649Member
    Greetings, I am a Canon shooter mostly but have dipped my toes into the Nikon world more a few times and currently deciding between a z6 and a d500 with the 200-500 as a wild life setup until I can afford a 200-400(which would be Canon or Nikon, first to get to Z or RF wins!)

I also use a Nikon 3xxx something at work on occasion for corporate events. I intend to keep a foot in both systems and just buy the lenses I like from each.
    edited February 2020
    Welcome @photobunny, we look forward to your contributions.
    Post edited by spraynpray on
    Always learning.
  • scoobysmakscoobysmak Posts: 215Member
    It has been a while since I have been active here. Life has a funny way of showing up from time to time. Figured I would hit the introduction section to have my bases covered, lol.