INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE FIRST.

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    We remember you scooby, welcome back.
    Always learning.
  • DavidSLensReflexDavidSLensReflex Posts: 1Member
    Greetings from Austin, Texas. I am just getting back into photography. I loved it in school when I took photojournalism back in the film days. Now relearning everything has been aB absolute Blast! I currently shoot a D500 and am looking at getting a D850. My plan is to do this for extra $$ to supplement my retirement in 4-5 years. But mostly because I love it!
    Welcome @DavidSLensReflex. Don't hesitate to post some of your images on the Photo-A-Day thread. We like images!
    Always learning.
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member

Greetings from Austin, Texas. I am just getting back into photography. I loved it in school when I took photojournalism back in the film days. Now relearning everything has been aB absolute Blast! I currently shoot a D500 and am looking at getting a D850. My plan is to do this for extra $$ to supplement my retirement in 4-5 years. But mostly because I love it!

David,
    The wife and I arrived at San Antonio on 2/20/20 for a two week vacation in Texas. We enjoyed the McKinney Falls State Park and the State Capital building. We spent 2 hours on the tour and our own tour and took lots of pictures. Such a beautiful capital building, the Sunset Red Granite makes for a beautiful building.

Besides Austin we spent time in Waco, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Glavenston and back to San Antonio for our return flight to Wisconsin. We were fortunate to complete our vacation and return on March 5th before all the closures and the spread of the Virus.

Welcome to NR and please consider posting one picture a day in the "Photo-A-Day" thread.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
  • melias99melias99 Posts: 1Member
    Hi, Mark Elias checking in. I dabble in all genres from Photojournalism to corporate, automotive, industrial and more. Have used nikons since 1978, and always interested in new and cool gear. Thanks for the invite!
    Welcome to NR @melias99. We look forward to hearing your views and seeing some of your images on the PAD thread.
    Always learning.
  • HowardHoward Posts: 2Member
    Morning,
    just a quick note to say "hello" as a new member of the forum. I'm Howard, I'm interested in all types of photography but at the moment my passions are Live Music and Motorsports. I've really only started to take my photography seriously about 18 months ago when I upgraded from a Nikon D3200 with a kit lens to the more semi-professional end of the spectrum and now use a D810 and D850 with various prime and zoom lenses from Nikkor, Tamron and Sigma. My favourite lens at the moment is my Nikkor 70-200 F/2.8 ED VRII

Looking forward to sharing thoughts and learning on the go.

Cheers.
    H.
    Welcome to NR @Howard. Good to see you posting on the Pad thread. Nice shot of the Aston Martin.
    Always learning.
  • MrFotoFoolMrFotoFool Posts: 353Member
    Good to see new members joining us. Welcome to all the recent additions.
  • zackertyzackerty Posts: 2Member
    edited January 2021
    Greetings to all, from New Zealand.

After using a Pratika LTL and a Pentax MX as a teenager, I saw the light...

Been a long time user of Nikon, from an F with a drive and an F2, then big jump (?) to a 5700, then a D40, D70, D200, and D2xs, and lastly a D7100.
    Still have the D40, D70 and D7100.

AF Lenses right now are AFS 35mm F1.8, AF 50mm F1.8, AFS 18 to 200mm, and AFS 18-55 kit lens with the D40.
    Just bought a Tokina 11-16 DX, because I like to go wide when on the beach or for astro landscapes.

I want to get a Nikon/Nikkor 300mm prime of some sort, even MF if possible.

MF lenses are Tamron 70 to 210, Helios 44m and another Cyclops aperture free lens from the Cyclops night vison scope, assorted Pentax M42, from 24mm right up to 200mm, with a Pentax 400 f5.6 with a Nikon F mount in my sights. As well as a Tamron 55BB mirror cat 500mm F8 to get soon.

Now to catch up with the previous posts from the begining... :)

Post edited by zackerty on
  • ggbutcherggbutcher Posts: 392Member
    @zackerty, greetings. I'm not the regular welcome wagon, but thought I'd relate that my son is in Christchurch right now, in the NZ 14-day quarantine as part of his transit to the South Pole. He stopped sending photos after about 5 days, there's only so many subjects one can frame from a hotel window... :D

Good group of actual camera users here; for all the rhetoric and buster over at dpreview, there's mostly well-considered, pragmatic discussion here.
  • JustMe01JustMe01 Posts: 2Member

Greetings all. I am from Not so sunny scotland I've been visiting this site for a few years and now finally registered.
    I shoot using Nikon’s D850 and the all new z7ii With way to many lenses to list.
    Martin
  • bcmmikebcmmike Posts: 46Member
    Greetings from snow covered Wisconsin.
  • RmologicRmologic Posts: 77Member
    Welcome Mike. Pls post pics of snow on POD so we can all share. Some of us do not get the blessing of a snowy winter. Cheers
    D7100,D3200, Sony RX100mk3, Nikkor Primes: DX 35 1.8, 50 1.8D, 105 2.8 VR, Zooms: Tokina 11-16 DXII, Kit 18-55 and 55-200 VR, 18-70 VR, 70-300 VR. SB-800, Induro CT 214, RRS TA-2-LB, BH-30 Pro2, MC-L, BP-CS
    bcmmike said:

Where are you located in Wisconsin?
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
    JustMe01 said:

Greetings all. I am from Not so sunny scotland I've been visiting this site for a few years and now finally registered.
    I shoot using Nikon’s D850 and the all new z7ii With way to many lenses to list.
    Martin

Welcome Martin. You live in a beautiful part of the British Isles. I, However, live as far south from you as you can get and still be in the British Isles.
    Always learning.
    Photobug said:

bcmmike said:

South Milwaukee by the looks of it.
    Always learning.
    bcmmike - We are located on the east side of Madison. I get to the north side of Milwaukee a few times a year to see our grand kids, COVID-19. You certainly have been hit by lake affect snow the past month.
    Rmologic said:

Welcome Mike. Pls post pics of snow on POD so we can all share. Some of us do not get the blessing of a snowy winter. Cheers

LOL. Not sure that the snow is that much of a blessing. Until 2 days ago parts of my yard were past my waist. And I'm 6'5"
    Photobug said:

bcmmike said:

Milwaukee area
    Photobug said:

bcmmike - We are located on the east side of Madison. I get to the north side of Milwaukee a few times a year to see our grand kids, COVID-19. You certainly have been hit by lake affect snow the past month.

I don't get out to Mad town as much as I used to, but pretty much everyone is in that boat. And you are right, we just got hammered by the lake affect. 13-14" last Tuesday
    bcmmike said:

Photobug said:

I don't get out to Mad town as much as I used to, but pretty much everyone is in that boat. And you are right, we just got hammered by the lake affect. 13-14" last Tuesday
    The weather definitely changed, things are starting to melt and I hear the water in the downspouts. If it melts too fast the flooding will be really bad this year. About one month ago I was outside taking pictures of the ice froze on the tree limbs and the temperature was zero. We had 3 or 4 mornings that the frost froze on the trees until 10 to noon. Got some nice shots. Otherwise, no outside photos this winter.
    Photobug said:

bcmmike said:

Photobug said:

The weather definitely changed, things are starting to melt and I hear the water in the downspouts. If it melts too fast the flooding will be really bad this year. About one month ago I was outside taking pictures of the ice froze on the tree limbs and the temperature was zero. We had 3 or 4 mornings that the frost froze on the trees until 10 to noon. Got some nice shots. Otherwise, no outside photos this winter.
    That frost was something else. Unfortunately neither the wife or I got out to shoot any of it
    bcmmike said:

Photobug said:

bcmmike said:

Photobug said:

That frost was something else. Unfortunately neither the wife or I got out to shoot any of it
    I need to get some of those photos over to Flicker to post here.
  • razorbacksrule1razorbacksrule1 Posts: 1Member
    New member been shooting Nikon cameras off and on since the 70s. Currently own several Nikon cameras and lenses my two favorites are still the D40 and V1 easy to use with great results !