INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE FIRST.

1313233343537»

Comments

• amynNASSERamynNASSER Posts: 16Member
    Hello! Greetings!
    Full-time professional shooting Nikon gear since 1980 film + digital and several lenses. Feel free to follow on social or drop a note if any questions! Cheers!
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Welcome @amynNASSER. Post some of your images on the Photo-A-Day thread so we can see what you do.
    Always learning.
    No @amynNASSER, that's not how it works here. If you join this forum, it is up to you to participate in threads and contribute your images, views, opinions or theories in the various threads. If you are looking for self-promotion resulting in business, you are in the wrong place.

I look forward to your contributions.
    Always learning.
    Oh Oh Oh Oh OH!!!! OMG!!! Ohlalalala!! Alora! Va Bene! Oui, oui, je comprends et la publication avec filigrane est d'accord... je me joindrai donc c'est gentil... très gentil de votre part ! bonjour. merci et ravi de vous rencontrer aussi! D'accord fera l'affaire ! Thank you!!!
  • CEBluecloudsCEBlueclouds Posts: 1,943Member

Oh Oh Oh Oh OH!!!! OMG!!! Ohlalalala!! Alora! Va Bene! Oui, oui, je comprends et la publication avec filigrane est d'accord... je me joindrai donc c'est gentil... très gentil de votre part ! bonjour. merci et ravi de vous rencontrer aussi! D'accord fera l'affaire ! Thank you!!!

lol... google translate...
    Oh Oh Oh Oh OH !!!! OMG !!! Oh la la la la!! Alora! Go Ben! Yes, yes I understand and the watermarked post is okay ... I'll join in so that's nice ... very kind of you! Hello. thank you and nice to meet you too! Alright will do!
    :) :)
    Bon Giorno! Alora! Enjoy! See you on the posts!!
  • picpic Posts: 2Member
    Belgian, own a ton of Canon EF gear. Chose Canon over Nikon, many, many years ago (liked the colors better). Never really looked at other brands since then. The move to RF gear is something where I feel Canon is letting me down in features I use daily that they neglect in the RF products. So this means the Nikon Z (9) looks like it might be tempting enough to jump ship at times. Looking to see how tempting it'll become and if I'll jump ship or not.
    Welcome @pic. You have come to a good place to find out the good and bad points of the Z series. Enjoy. When you get the chance, why not use our pad thread (picture a day) to show us your images?
    Always learning.
  • bcmmikebcmmike Posts: 46Member
  • 911FPS911FPS Posts: 1Member
    Thanks for opportunity to join. Used Nikon gear since an FA was sold new. Now using a D4S after a long run with a Canon. The D4s is a very capable camera - still learning and hope to contribute as well - when I can - including sharing some photos along the way for comment etc.
    Welcome to NR @911FPS.

We look forward to seeing some of your images on PAD.
    Always learning.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Hi all, Have not been on here for years, still shooting Nikon, but also going to Olympus as the weight of the big stuff is too much for an old lady... LOL. Will post a photo of one from VIRginia International Raceway where I do some stuff. Maybe drop in more often. So good to see NRF is going strong. Thanks to all who are doing the work.
    Msmoto, mod
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    Msmoto said:

Hi all, Have not been on here for years, still shooting Nikon, but also going to Olympus as the weight of the big stuff is too much for an old lady... LOL. Will post a photo of one from VIRginia International Raceway where I do some stuff. Maybe drop in more often. So good to see NRF is going strong. Thanks to all who are doing the work.

Wow, welcome back. Good to know your still kicking and taking photos.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
  • Ton14Ton14 Posts: 698Member
    edited February 2022
    Heeee Tommie (@Msmoto) great to see our old moderator back and still going strong.

I did not go to another brand, but to the Nikon Z6 with the the small 28- and 40mm as walk-around lenses and since last week the 24-120mm f/4. There are many great light weight lenses available now, but the 400, 600mm and more stuff is way too heavy for us :)
    Post edited by Ton14 on
    User Ton changed to Ton14, Google sign in did not work anymore
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Thanks for comments, and I am still kicking, slowly getting around. Will try and drop in and say hello now and then.
    Msmoto, mod
  • MikeGalosMikeGalos Posts: 2Member
    Hi all.

I've been a Nikon shooter since the early 1970s starting with a Nikkormat FTn then moving on to an F2 then several other SLR. I moved to Digital with the D1 and eventually replaced my D5 with a Z 9.

I worked my way through college working in a pro-level camera shop and teaching photography. I later ended up in software and semi-retired a few years ago.

I currently mostly shoot cityscapes and use a lot of old exotic glass (OP-Fisheye, UV-Nikkor, etc.) as well as modern Z and F mount lenses.
  • stavrosfstavrosf Posts: 1Member
    Hi, I am Stavros
    I am an amateur photographer from Greece, who loves Photography as an art and a Photobook collector. I like travelling of course.
    My first Nikon camera was an F70, then I got a secondhand FE. When I moved to digital I got me a D200, the legendary D700 and then got the D800. After these I moved to mirrorless and I got me the Z6 and later the Z Fc. My current lenses are all Z,, I own both 24-70mm S lenses, 14-30mm S, 26mm 2.8, 28mm 2.8 SE, 35mm 1.8 S, 40 2, 50 1.8 S, 50 2.8 MC and 85mm 1.8 S.
  • srheddsrhedd Posts: 1Member
    Hello, Steven here. Followed Nikon Rumors for years, thought I’d join. I teach photography at a state college in Florida and shoot for local restaurants and publications. For fun I shoot wildlife, mostly birds. Currently using Z9 and Z7II. I’ll read here more than I’ll post.
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,881Member
  • Kevin8503Kevin8503 Posts: 1Member
    Hey there -

Long time lurker/occasional commenter in the NR comments. Been shooting Nikon since day 1 - always tempted to look at others because GAS is real, but nothing compares to Nikon's rendering.

Journey has been D60 > D3100 > D90 > D750 > FE (had to itch the film interest) > Z6. Current setup is the Z6, couple of the f4 zooms, and a couple of the f1.8 primes. Still have the D90 and FE as well and a handful of F-mount glass.

Currently debating adding a Zfc or Z30 and one of the muffin primes for a compact grab-and-go setup. Anyone using a Z30 for photography and not vlogging?

Kev
  • vtpetersvtpeters Posts: 3Member
    edited March 2023
    Hi,

I'm a concert and live music photographer from The Netherlands.

I've been reading/following NR for quite some time and decided to request an invitation to this forum due to DPReview's announcement that the site and its forums will be shut down in april.
    Post edited by vtpeters on
  • DigNap15DigNap15 Posts: 2Member
    Hi everyone. I am older guy, just a casual photographer, in New Zealand, from the old Nikon Nikkormat days. I have a Nikon Z6ii and a Zfc (Mint Green) for me and my g/f to share. I am no expert, and am finding that modern cameras are bit too hard to keep up with. But I love the mirrorless viewfinders.
  • dmlretireddmlretired Posts: 1Member
    Finally joining after viewing the website for years. Still an APS-C DSLR shooter but also still having fun
    Welcome @DigNap15 and @dmlretired. Whatever cameras you've got, you are welcome here. Throw some of your picture up on out photo-a-day thread. You will find instructions on doing it in a thread further up.
    Always learning.