INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE FIRST.

Comments

• jonnyapplejonnyapple Posts: 131Moderator
    That's right, lora12fan. Check out this thread for tips:
    CC is welcome. DC is also welcome when I deserve it.
  • adamzadamz Posts: 842Moderator
    just checked our user map, and I'm pleased to see that we have so many ppl from Europe!

• Dredden85Dredden85 Posts: 365Member
    Greetings everyone!

I am from Jacksonville, Florida. I have been shooting since I was in grade school. I started out with a Mamiya NC1000 35mm and Maymia 1000 DTL film system with a 50mm prime and a Mamiya telephoto lenses. (I still have them) Then went to a Nikon N75, D50, and currently a D5000 with a Tamron 18-250mm. By trade I am a radiographer and Computed Tomography (CT) technician. My intresets are mainly my family, wildlife, and details. Was initialy going to upgrade to the D5200 but now thinking of the D7X00. My D5000 still works fine. I just want the next step up in DX. I cannot afford FX! I can hold out another year or so and see what happens!
    D7000, 18-200VRII | 50 1.8G | SB-900
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Welcome Dredden85.  I had the D5000 - I'm a big fan of it.

I hate how yous guys dive out of the room behind lead before you turn the machine on!
    Always learning.
  • rmprmp Posts: 586Member

Hello,

I'm a new guy here. Msmoto beat me into joining, so blame here for my comments. I started playing with cameras in 1957. In the mid 1990s (Nikon N90s) I gave up photograph because it was becomming work as opposed to play. I came back to photography in the early 2000's (Nikon D200). Now I refuse to take pay or more importantly any committments for photography. It is fun or nothing. I use Nikons D4, D800E, V1 and the 2.8 zoom lenses. I like photography because of it's learning process never ends. It was nice to find the NRF because of the learning that is shared.

Robert M. Poston: D4, D810, V3, 14-24 F2.8, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, 80-400, 105 macro.
    edited January 2013

I see I need a spelling and grammar checker before I post a
    comment – still learning.
    J

Post edited by adamz on
    Robert M. Poston: D4, D810, V3, 14-24 F2.8, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, 80-400, 105 macro.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    rmp.....welcome......something tells me the code above means something.... :-))
    Msmoto, mod
    it was just a copy&paste code from ms office, delete it. 
  • ChromiumPrimeChromiumPrime Posts: 84Member
    Hey everyone! I'm sort of an oldie from the old forum but just popping up to say hello.

Love new forum interface. Great job Peter! 
    Way too much gear & way too few photos :-O
  • lora12fanlora12fan Posts: 15Member

rmp.... i use the v1 so would love any of your input on my work to help me better my photography or even to give me some challenges!!!! sure do wish they would come out with new lenses for it!!!!

Thanks Lora

• lora12fanlora12fan Posts: 15Member

I am braving 13 degree weather with the camera going on a hike... we need a phone app for the site so i can stay in touch....   drats

• chrisjakeschrisjakes Posts: 43Member
    My name is Chris.  I live in Urban West Virginia (haha) outside of the DC area.  I currently have a D5000  Kit lenses and a 35 1.8  but am looking to expand my bag and get out there to take more photos.  I have 2 little girls that I "try" to take pictures.  I also like to do photos of family, food, landscape, nature, birds, sports. etc etc  yes i must buy EVERYTHING! all in due time.........Thanks for everyone here being so helpful and i hope to contribute more in the future

13° is nearly cold...must be in the midwest...

The smart phones, at least my iPhone 4s will allow monitoring on the web.  It even signs me in and allows posting a comment.  I have not figured out how to post a photo from my iPhone, however.
    Msmoto, mod
    You post Your image to flickr (can get a free app for that), and than You can just copy&paste the code - simple as that :D
  • NeopulseNeopulse Posts: 4Member
    edited January 2013
       Hello my name is Jesus, it actually is, and I'm 27 years old american living in Buenos Aires, Argentina where I am a medical student and I've been a fan of NR for a little over a year now ever since my good friend Nacho, short for Juan Ignacio, got me into the photographic hobby again. Mainly started with mini digital cameras (a 2MP Sony Cyber-Shot U) and the occasional disposable Kodak point and shoot cameras on trips. I enjoyed it, but not that much since I felt back then that I didn't need anything more than those simple things. Then I got into portrait and street photography. Later got as a gift a Nikon D5000 with a Sigma 18-250mm from my old man some years back and I shooting like crazy with it from zoo wildlife, people and still life. 
       My buddy Nacho got himself last year a second hand D700 from Keh that was in excellent condition along with a Nikkor 24-70mm. After borrowing it to see how it was, I noticed it was amazingly different and the images it produced were what I was looking. So I then decided to sell my D5000 and lens including other accessories like the grip and tripod to start with. And soon after the D700 I wanted to purchase was still pricey at the time and went up as soon as the D800 was announced. So I decided to wait to get the new D800 that was around the corner, after months of waiting I finally got it and was damn happy about it. Couldn't purchase it here since everything here is about 2x or more than in the US (sold my used D5000 and Sigma lens for about $2300 dollars as an example). 
       A pro photographer named Jarmo inspired me to get into model and glamour photography even more recently so I'm hoping to get into it in my style. Gonna get myself next an SB-910 and work with that for awhile as soon as I get my technique more refined then I'll get another one. Until then this is just a hobby that I enjoy deeply and glad that NRF has helped guide me to learn more about it. Even though I mostly do lurking I do enjoy reading about people's first hand experiences with the tools they have and experiences with other photographers.
    Post edited by Neopulse on
    D800 with Meike MB-D12 (Robbed)
    AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G (Robbed)
    AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II (Robbed)
    welcome to NRF Neopulse, please remember to share Your snaps in the PAD thread 
    Hi
    Loral12fan … I use the V1 with its adapter with the 70-200 f2.8 lens for the
    REACH. The 2.7 multiplier is a big deal for me. It is the only way I can get a
    540mm equivalent lens without a moving truck into the field.
  • shivaswrathshivaswrath Posts: 7Member
    I miss the old forum...
    Can you please be more specific - what exactly are you missing from the old forum. I still have several changes to make. My goal is to make the forum look like the blog. Also, please use the other thread for reporting forum issues: http://forum.nikonrumors.com/discussion/14/post-all-forum-problems-here#Item_159

Thanks!
    I guess the look and feel of the old forum, seemed less complex, easier to navigate...I'm getting used to the new one, and there's nothing wrong with it, just that it's a restart on some level.

oh, that and the fact I lost my post #, a little annoying having to re-register as a long time poster.

w: www.neilphotos.com
    p: www.suneil.net

I shoot, therefore I am.
  • MichelleMichelle Posts: 20Member
    Hi, I've been here for 2 days!

Thought I'd say Hi. My name is Michelle, I'm English but have lived in Spain for the past 10 years. I'm work as a volunteer at a cat rescue shelter where one of my main jobs is photographer. A bit of a joke really as I only took up the hobby of photography 18 months ago. I currently have the D3100 but am looking to upgrade to the D7000 shortly.

Doing the job I do has lighted my passion for photography - Something I've always had an interest in but never bit the bullet and bought a DSLR. Now I have my beloved DSLR I can't get enough of it!

My aim is to be the best, non paid... haha, cat shelter photographer on the planet! :)
  • BirdyconnectedBirdyconnected Posts: 3Member
    Hi Everyone!

I'm Xavier from Paris, France and I'm new here as well as in photography. Although I've had a old Zenith film camera when I was younger, I didn't really learned anything and forgot about photography for 25 years. I've always loved images though, just never "pictured" me as being able to become good at it. Digital cameras changed my way of seeing it and I started to buy a lumix FZ8 and really enjoyed making photos again. My girlfriend then offered me a D90 which I recently uprgaded with the D700. I wish I could have afford the D800 but my old P4 can't handle such files! Lightroom 3 already takes hours to deal with the current NEF from the D700... Maybe I do things completely wrong btw. I never took any lessons so I guess there must be rooms to improve my way of dealing with processing!
    I hope I won't be too much of a pain compare to you guys. There is such talents within you all that I never could start posting anything really but if one want to improve, he has to face critics, right?
    So : here I am, passionate beginner ready to give it a try :)
    Happy new year! May you all have a very special year filled with health, joy and happiness!
    Welcome...your wonderful attitude says it all. Just post a photo and ask for some guidance if you like...you will get a lot of suggestions.

My guess is you are far more gifted than you know.
    Msmoto, mod
  • blandbland Posts: 812Member
    I live in Tulsa, Okla and have been shooting for about 8 years.
    I enjoy shooting events, motorsports, concerts, storms/tornado's and wildlife.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Hey, re-welcome Bland!

Xavier, J'ai regardé vos images sur Flickr et je pense qu'ils sont très beaux - le très bon travail - bienvenue à NR Xavier! =D>
    Always learning.
  • Hello everybody, so nice to meet you all. My name is Ton from The Netherlands. 70 years , still goiing strong, but slower. I came via the Kodak box, Ilford 6x6, Rollei XF 35 (dual image system, grin), Pentax ME super, Nikon 801 and F100 in the walhallah of digital photography. Everything I dreamed off and more, is possible now. Nikon D70, D200, D300 now and upgrading to D600.
    Retired IBM (20 years ago), hobbies astrology, flying antique airplanes (Piper cub, Harvard ND16 etc.), my dogs and photography.
    Tried all software possible, settled now from the darkroom to Lightroom and make the photo right in the first place, as I did in the analog time. So nothing changed, it is still aparture and shutter speed. DIN became ASA, now ISO with the present of color noise. I feel a rich man with this forum, where I learned a lot already.
    Wish everybody a healthy 2013.
    Those who say it can't be done, should not interrupt those doing it!
    Healthy 2013 to You too Ton and welcome to NRF!