INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE FIRST.

Comments

• Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
    Welcome Ton :) Looking forward in seeing your photos and your contribution to our forum.

Cheers
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
  • Hi Golf007sd, I was a little bit active already and posted 2. There are super photo's in Photo aday, lot of inspiration there.
    Those who say it can't be done, should not interrupt those doing it!
  • chakoochakoo Posts: 19Member
    Hi Everyone

I'm from Atlanta, Georgia. IT guy by profession. I got introduced to NR when I was following D600 rumors, now NR is on my bookmark bar and check it daily. I primarily shoot landscapes and family portraits, I enjoy the effort in taking good landscapes.

I switched to Nikon D600 in Oct '12 after using Canon 400D for 5 yrs. I use 24-85 kit lens, 70-200 f/2.8 VRI, 105mm f/2.8 Micro and SB-700 flash. Eyeing for 16-35 f/4 soon.

Thanks
  • hodge1969hodge1969 Posts: 9Member
    Hi to everyone here at Rumors
    D400! D400! D400!......no wait...D900! D900.....D900! ....no wait....D400.....Aww, just give me the one where I'll be great without having to put all the hard work into it.....
    Been following for 6 months or so.....happy to have found the site.....started off with d80 2 yrs ago and upgraded to d90 6 months later because I think the D80 was broken.....it only took nice pictures in auto mode.
    Really enjoying the challenges of manual mode.....awful lot of pics taken before half decent ones come up.....

hodge....
    Sudbury ON.
    Canada.....EH?
    D90
    18-55 vr kit lens( which by the way is not crap)
    50mm 1.8f prime
    70-200 f2.8 version 1
    55-200 kit vr
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Welcome to NRF. Been to Sudbury on a bike in 2007.....
    Msmoto, mod
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi, I've been here for 2 days!

Thought I'd say Hi. My name is Michelle, I'm English but have lived in Spain for the past 10 years. I'm work as a volunteer at a cat rescue shelter where one of my main jobs is photographer. A bit of a joke really as I only took up the hobby of photography 18 months ago. I currently have the D3100 but am looking to upgrade to the D7000 shortly.

Doing the job I do has lighted my passion for photography - Something I've always had an interest in but never bit the bullet and bought a DSLR. Now I have my beloved DSLR I can't get enough of it!

My aim is to be the best, non paid... haha, cat shelter photographer on the planet! :)
    A worthy challenge !

Welcome and would love to see some more of your work..
    (Loved the pic of little Lolita)
    Post edited by heartyfisher on
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

@chakoo Welcome to NRF. A very dear friend of mine lives in Woodstock, GA. Looking forward in your participation in our forum...and nice gear you got there. Cheers...
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
  • kenadamskenadams Posts: 222Member
    Hi all,

been around here for a while now, just not much of a power-poster ... I got into photography when taking out my dad's old Minoltas into the bush in Canada. Took some nice ones, some lucky shots and a whole lot more of ruined shots. Stuck mirrors, broken power switches ... one has to make sure the film is really stuck in tight before using the transport lever: I kept the unexposed roll of film from the trips on the waterplane pinned to a wall in my apartment as a reminder to my negligence for years .. and then went and bought a D80. Funnily enough I came back to using film, Minolta SRT-101 & XE-1 (just couldn't kick them out after putting my heart into repairing them so many times), Nikon F100, Leica M3...
    I'd like to go FF soon and retire the old D80.
    edited January 2013
    @kenadams Welcome...by all means share some of those photo's on PAD. There is something very unique about film that will never die.

This link is just for individual like yourself. http://forum.nikonrumors.com/discussion/214/nikon-film-cameras-anyone#Item_18
    Post edited by Golf007sd on
  • marpatermarpater Posts: 7Member
    Hello again, just joined last month, I posted a thread on a D800E with a broken 10 pin socket, shipped to Nikon on 12/22 they are fixing it as warranty and I got a message tonight from UPS I will have it back tomorrow......yeh!
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Congratulations...we will look forward to seeing the results!
    Msmoto, mod
  • Scott_DScott_D Posts: 40Member
    Hiyall. I've been watching the front page for about a year, but this is the first I've ventured into the forums. Longtime Nikon owner, with my first camera being the oft-overlooked FG-20. Sporting a D90 these days.
    See my photoblog at Photomiser.com
  • obajobaobajoba Posts: 206Member
    Hi all -

Been lurking for ages and never signed up. Actually, maybe that's learning and not lurking? Nah, I lurk *and* learn. I'm in I.T., a Storage Admin to be a bit more specific, and in the Denver metro area.

Any way, I'm a hobbyist photographer that loves to shoot sports ranging from football to wakesurfing. Once upon a time I dreamed of being a photojournalist for auto magazines and even completed half of my degree to do so with my beloved Nikon N90s. I grew up learning from my uncle, a former photographer for the Toledo Blade (newspaper) with his FM and FMII. And so, like there are Chevy guys and Ford guys, I am a Nikon guy not a Canon guy (though I am not biased when it comes to performance.)

So, I *just* sold my first DSLR, a D7000 I owned for 6 months, and will be going to an FX body soon. I figured I should sign up and do some homework before I purchase an FX body in the coming weeks. I just wish I could get D600 high ISO performance that would shoot >5fps and isn't a $6k D4 :) I'm almost on the fence between a D600 and a D3s but I think the high ISO performance of the D600 has me leaning toward the sacrifice of FPS for high ISO quality. Any way, that's a discussion for a different thread.

Just glad to be here and able to read/learn from everyone.
    D4 | 70-200 2.8 VR | 24-70 2.8 | TC-17e II
  • adamzadamz Posts: 842Moderator
    @obajoba - welcome to NRF, as for high iso nothing in Nikon lineup will beat d3s, not even d4 and it's an awesome piece of camera to play with.
  • obajobaobajoba Posts: 206Member
    @adamz - thanks! and thanks for the heads up on the d3s high iso performance; I had somehow missed that in all of my research. However, sure enough, I went to dxomark and dpreview both, and the d3s kills on the high iso performance. But with prices well north of $4k for a D3s I'm almost into D4 territory for cost. Maybe I will start a thread for this discussion in the DSLR category.
    D4 | 70-200 2.8 VR | 24-70 2.8 | TC-17e II
  • waterporkwaterpork Posts: 3Member
    Hi,

I'm waterpork. I'm from mainland China, now study as an engineering student in US. First dslr experience was my uncle's d40x+sig18-200, just got my D600kit in december last year. Engineering's really not easy that cost my largest part of time so I just develope photography as a small hobby, and what make more sense, making new frientds that have same interests. Another reason is I love cameras... cuz I used to play with camera when I was a child...don't care too much about pics, just for fun! Hope to learn and communicate here:-)
  • KFW1982KFW1982 Posts: 17Member
    Hello,

I've used this forum several times in the past two years to get information and I've always found it reliable. Recently, I've made a few posts and thought I ought to introduce myself.

I live and teach in the United States, at a PAC 12 university. That's a PAC12 state university, so consider that if your mulling over how much money I have to spend on photography. Also factor in that I have four academic degrees, two of which I'm still paying for. I teach English/Creative Writing, which means I'll make a post and then edit it again and again and again over the next four days.

I have four cameras, all acquired within the last three years. I try to shoot shoot every day for about an hour, so I have 1095 days worth of really bad photography. Some days, I delude myself into believing that, yes, I am a photographer. Other days, I just openly admit that I'm quite adept at pressing a shutter button.

I shoot pictures of landscapes, buildings, sunsets, and my cats. I regularly tell people that I bought a $2000 camera to take pictures of my cats. I love that look I get.

My New Year's Resolution is to tell people I bought my camera to take pictures of goldfish.

• slalomslalom Posts: 1Member
    New to the forum. I have been following the site for some time now. I did sports photography part-time for several years. But now photography is just for fun. I just upgraded to a D800 and I am having to reconsider some of my old lenses that are just not sharp enough. Living and working in Switzerland there are so many amazing subjects.
    I used a Minolta X700 for16 years before I felt that I could afford a Nikon - I still have my F100, but newspaper deadlines drove me to a D100 shortly after it came out. I still have an investment in FX lenses but as stated above they are mostly older with a fair bit of use on them. The D800 has rekindled my passion for photography.
  • RxGusRxGus Posts: 6Member
    New poster here!

I am a pharmacist by trade, and picked up photography a couple years ago prior to some missions work in Africa. When I came back, I started to get some recognition for the pictures that I took- and then really got bit by the photography bug.

I have been back to Africa a couple of times since then, and traveled to a lot of other cool places- taking pictures all the while. As you can guess, I do mostly travel photography- but I recently got my feet wet doing some portraits and concerts. Still no real money in it besides fun.

I just made the jump from d5100 to d600 and am starting to learn the full frame ropes.

A magazine cover:
    A contest winner:
    www.facebook.com/rxgusphotography
    www.flickr.com/photos/rxgus/
  • urgyenurgyen Posts: 1Member
    Hello to everyone in the forum. I am urgyen and joining Nikon Rumors. I've been reading the threads and comments in this forum for quite a while. Very happy to join it since this the one of the place where i search for an answer whenever i am confused or have question regarding my nikon camera's. And it's been helpful.
  • ChrisPChrisP Posts: 2Member
    Hi All

Was on the old forum and enjoyed it, as Chris P, for a time but got fed up with all the trolling and personal comments. Only just noticed that the Forum has been relaunched with suitable moderation. Had to become ChrisP this time as it didn't like the gap between Chris and the P.

Now retired so more time for photography. Still got the old D700 and a few good lenses, but have also recently acquired a V1 with both the original zooms.
  • MaxManXMaxManX Posts: 1Member
    Hi guys!
    Another Swede here. I have been using Nikon cameras since the little Nikon EM and I have since that been using the F-501, FA, D50, D90, D7000 and I'm now eagerly waiting for the D300s replacement. I do martial arts, other sports and concerts, mostly, as a semi-professional.
    Some of my pictures can be found on my web page: http://gunnar.hoffsten.se/ under "Bilder"
  • avro707cavro707c Posts: 3Member
    edited January 2013
    I live in Sydney, used Nikon for a long time. Do photography in my day job too, part time. Currently using a D800e and the D3s, along with 24-70, 70-200 F/2.8 lenses and a 200-400mm for longer range stuff. Have a Fisheye for those interior shots of cars. Bunch of flashes too.

I was on the old forum as well, but I admit I rarely contributed to it, if at all.
    Post edited by avro707c on
  • BazBaz Posts: 3Member
    Hi everyone,

My name is Barry Semple (aka Baz) and I've been following Nikon Rumours for about a year, GREAT site!

I have been in to photography beyond just holiday snaps for 5 years and after encouragement from a few friends and family I started to sell my work 2 years ago. Not exactly making a fortune from it, but it's very early days so I will continue to persevere :)

Starting out 5 years ago with my first DSLR a Nikon D300, I upgraded last year to a D800E. As i shoot landscapes and nature the lack of the AA filter but greater sharpness fitted me well. All of my work is done with photographic technique, filters and lenses. Post processing is done with Nikon's Capture NX2 only which hopefully keeps reality in my images.

My portfolio can be seen at http://www.thetrueshot.com

I look forward to "chatting" with you all in the future.

Cheers,
    Baz
  • dissentdissent Posts: 1,342Member
    Howdy All,

Been lurking here at NRF for about a year and finally decided to own up. I'm an amateur DX shooter, currently with a D5100 and assorted glass. I was shooting digital for a while with a Minolta DImage Z6 as my intro to digital cameras, but it got to the point where I felt like getting something better. Before that I used a couple of Pentax film cameras, K-1000 and P30T. The P30T was usually paired with a Samyang 28-200 cheapo zoom, and I managed to get some decent small prints with it.

Currently fiddling my way around LR4 and coming to grips with some of the other challenges of the digital world, e.g. file storage, backup, flash behavior and about a dozen and a half other topics. So I continue to lurk. Great site, and always interested to read the discussions on various topics. Lots to learn.
    - Ian . . . [D7000, D7100; Nikon glass: 35 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 70-300 VR, 105 f2.8 VR, 12-24 f4; 16-85 VR, 300 f4D, 14E-II TC, SB-400, SB-700 . . . and still plenty of ignorance]