D300s Successor-D400, what and when

Comments

• ChromiumPrimeChromiumPrime Posts: 84Member
    Latest 7DII rumor from NL (via CR):

21MP APS C
    ISO 100-25600 (L: 50, H1 51200, H2 102400)
    10fps
    Video ‘stills burst’ mode 30/60 fps
    Full HD video with manual control
    Single CF Card Slot
    19 AF Points all Cross
    On chip phase detect pixels for liveview and AF tracking
    100% Viewfinder
    Viewfinder LCD Higher Resolution Than 7D
    3.2″ LCD
    GPS, WiFi
    Alloy body with better weather sealing over 7D

CR guy only gave it a CR1 rating which means a random person might as well have made it up and sent it to CR nevertheless it's still an interesting read.
    Way too much gear & way too few photos :-O
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    edited March 2013
    I think you're posting on the wrong rumor site, this is Nikon rumors. ;)

But yes I get the point of this. The D400 needs to come close in order to sell well.
    Post edited by PB_PM on
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    "Most of the time I think some people here are not smart enough to be talking about half the stuff that they are, but that doesn't seem to stop them does it? Oh, just saying... "

Oh dear. Might be a good idea to stop there before you say more that you will not be proud of (looking back). There is more important things in life than the NR forum you know... 8-|
    Always learning.
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    edited March 2013
    the comment in question was a play on the other posters comment. Don't take life so seriously. ;) if you have a problem with me (which you apparently do, since you are constantly attacking my posts), keep it to PM's in the future, there is no need to have this in the open forum.
    Post edited by PB_PM on
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
    edited March 2013
    quod erat demonstrandum PB. Seriously, I don't have a problem with you. Often the way people read the written word has more to do with the way it is taken than the way it was written. I just find reading other peoples 'handbags at dawn' exchanges tiresome and a little stressful which isn't what I am here for.
    Post edited by spraynpray on
    Always learning.
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    quod erat demonstrandum PB. Seriously, I don't have a problem with you. Often the way people read the written word has more to do with the way it is taken than the way it was written. I just find reading other peoples 'handbags at dawn' exchanges tiresome and a little stressful which isn't what I am here for.
    Yup totally ignored all that babbling. . Rather none of it registered.

Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Let's be careful folks......
    Msmoto, mod
  • SquamishPhotoSquamishPhoto Posts: 608Member
    edited March 2013
    "Most of the time I think some people here are not smart enough to be talking about half the stuff that they are, but that doesn't seem to stop them does it? Oh, just saying... "

Oh dear. Might be a good idea to stop there before you say more that you will not be proud of (looking back). There is more important things in life than the NR forum you know... 8-|
    you did see the "Oh, just sayin..." part?

You making a stink about it is the issue in this instance considering you totally missed his point. Maybe ones own sage advice is wise for self prescription? :]

Post edited by SquamishPhoto on
    Mike
    D3 • D750 • 14-24mm f2.8 • 35mm f1.4A • PC-E 45mm f2.8 • 50mm f1.8G • AF-D 85mm f1.4 • ZF.2 100mm f2 • 200mm f2 VR2
  • tc88tc88 Posts: 537Member
    I did glance at the "article" if that is what you want to call it. Looks more like an opinion piece, with no photos of the motherboards or anything else to back it up.
    PB_BM, here is my humble suggestion. Maybe you can put in more effort to substantiate your own arguments. What you wrote the following seems to be more opinion piece than the article on canonrumors. :)
    Are those differences worth $6000? I'm not a camera designer, but I'm betting Canon put a lot of money in developing the 4k video output.
    Most of the time I think some people here are not smart enough to be talking about half the stuff that they are, but that doesn't seem to stop them does it? Oh, just saying... :p
    I completely agree and it can bite anybody. :)
  • donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,706Member
    edited March 2013
    The anonymity of the internet does embolden people so we must act as our own filter and not expect any website to automatically filter stupidity out of what is posted. Don't get upset. Don't attack. Don't take things so personally. Just discuss substance and ignore stupidity.
    Post edited by donaldejose on
    donaldjose, I completely agree with the essence of what you wrote except the "anonymity" part. This thread shows anonymity or not doesn't make a difference.

Anyway, let's stay on the topic.
  • sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    donaldjose, Anyway, let's stay on the topic.
    May be a new thread

'handbags at dawn'

• donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,706Member
    I don't get that "handbags at dawn" joke. Can you explain it?
    edited March 2013
    I don't get that "handbags at dawn" joke. Can you explain it?
    British slang. My non exact American translation, pillow fight. My last off topic post in this thread, hopefully. :)

Post edited by tc88 on
    It is a humorous twist on 'pistols at dawn' meaning the old tradition of duelling to settle disagreements but when applied to forum spats handbags at dawn seems more appropriate. :P
    Always learning.
    for handbag read purse
  • DaveyJDaveyJ Posts: 1,090Member
    I have a great respect for the D300 and will never sell mine. However I think the D300 body is excellent, but some features on that body are nowhere as good as the D7000 and the D7100. Just the flappy covers on the D300 are pretty bad by today standards. I see D300 and D300s used in the field that are covered with space tape and glue of various kinds. If Nikon followed Andrewz suggestion putting in Expeed 3 processing, probably 24MP and fast frame rate and low light performance and of course today you'd need video BEYOND the D7100, I'd say the $1,900 price tag I'd say they would do very well with the D4000. Put a $2400 price tag on it and it would not do as well in terms of sales volume.
  • SquamishPhotoSquamishPhoto Posts: 608Member
    handbags at dawn seems more appropriate. :P
    lol :]
    Mike
    D3 • D750 • 14-24mm f2.8 • 35mm f1.4A • PC-E 45mm f2.8 • 50mm f1.8G • AF-D 85mm f1.4 • ZF.2 100mm f2 • 200mm f2 VR2
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Let's not turn on each other like a pack of rabid dogs, whilst waiting for Nikon to release the new flagship DX. @ChromiumPrime has the right idea, we need to keep an eye on CR and the 7DmII as I have stated before, the D400 isn't late until Canon ships it. I'm sure Nikon is doing exactly that while watching sales figures on the D800, D300 and D7100 pile up. (now where did I leave my purse...)
    Post edited by Ironheart on
  • NikonIn808NikonIn808 Posts: 1Member
    Interesting topic changes in this particular forum. Anyways, that being said, I do think that the D400 will always have a place in the professional/serious hobbyist market. The need to have a backup body which is not only lighter but also has a crop factor is always a good thing. What I do hope is that Nikon brings this body to life soon as the cry gets stronger and stronger. I personally would like to see a 20-24 MP sensor, albeit with full weather sealing and magnesium alloy body for stability. Another nice perk would be having the price for such a body be under the $2K range for those of us not making bank. Well, we can all dream can't we?
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    edited April 2013
    my dream is an EX sensor ie a Ful DX image circle in 4:5 format.. as well as the normal 2:3 format :-)
    Post edited by heartyfisher on
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

edited April 2013
    my dream is an EX sensor oe a Full DX image circle in 4:5 format.. as well as the normal 2:3 format :-)
    admitaidly you will have to crop in post but this is possible with a D800
    and the price of a refurbished D800 keep coming down

Post edited by sevencrossing on
  • 1skully1skully Posts: 37Member
    Still patiently waiting!!!
    my dream is an EX sensor oe a Full DX image circle in 4:5 format.. as well as the normal 2:3 format :-)
    admitaidly you will have to crop in post but this is possible with a D800
    and the price of a refurbished D800 keep coming down

This is a good point because if you crop in post, you get the chance to second guess your composition too.
    Always learning.
  • KuvKuv Posts: 55Member
    edited April 2013
    Just an idea:
    If Fuji were to release a DSLR with the body of the D300 (F-mount) and the sensor (and the features that the sensor carries) from an X1-Pro (or X100s) would you be interested?
    Post edited by Kuv on
This discussion has been closed.