PHOTO-A-DAY: March 2013

1272829303133»

Comments

• GitzoGitzo Posts: 174Member
    @ Msmoto..........

adamz said:
    As a courtesy we ask that you keep your photos to under 800 pixels on the longest side. If you post a photo that is larger than 800 pixels then it will be deleted from the thread. You can have your smaller photo link to a larger version but the embedded photos must be less than 800 pixels. If

Like Pierre, that's what I was going by; mine was 800 X 800 actually; Flickr's software doesn't give one all that many options.....the next size smaller would have been half the size. Please advise.

@ itsnotmeyouknow......I think Caesar is a really cute dog, and I also think that's a VERY cute picture of him!

@ Msmoto...... It's a very nice sharp photo of a nice looking young man; but you have me confused......is the Canon HIS camera, or is he he just helping you demonstrate the camera?

@ Gipper......Very nice shot, and an excellent idea! I will very definitely be using it the next time I put something on eBay.

@ birdman.....Great shot! I really don't understand tennis at all, but I do view it as a very athletic sport; the only thing that spoils it for me......is many of the female "players".......seem to be more concerned with their ridiculous "outfits" than they are with the game.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    edited March 2013
    @Pierre

If you post a photo of 800 pixels it will be resized and in some cases become distorted. Also, when the resizing occurs it seems to block the link to the photo on Flickr. And, yes, Adam stated at the top of this thread to keep the size at 800 pixels on the longest side. This was the old forum and the instructions as to how to post to the new forum on PAD are 640......

Let's see what he does for April.....LOL

Sorry for the confusion....
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
  • DXV_PhotoDXV_Photo Posts: 160Member
    @amberlight2012 - Wish I could say I planned that but it looked like mother nature had my back. :-)

Today contribution.

DSC_6729
  • ElvisheferElvishefer Posts: 329Member

@elvishefer- Stunning capture! Looks like midevil times and that you are standing about 20ft from your shot! you must have a great fast lens for the low lighting in the arena.
    Thanks! Yup, went as a bit of a joke, sat in the front row and had an OK time thanks to the wine. D700, 24-70 f/2.8 at 62mm, f/2.8, ISO 6400.
    Elvishefer - You seem to have such a great angle on the shot. I also appreciat the fact that you made the shot black and white. It really adds to the shot. .....
    Thank you! Angle was all luck. Spent most of the rest of the show with the announcer on his horse, standing right in front of me. Karma, I guess.
    D700, 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII, 24-70mm f/2.8, 14-24mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4G, 200mm f/4 Micro, 105mm f/2.8 VRII Micro, 35mm f/1.8, 2xSB900, 1xSB910, R1C1, RRS Support...

... And no time to use them.
  • Amberlight2012Amberlight2012 Posts: 26Member
    DXV_photo - I am being so patient for spring in the mid-west. Great shot.
  • SquamishPhotoSquamishPhoto Posts: 608Member
    D800 • 50mm f1.8G @ f2.2 • 1/500 • ISO 100
    Mike
    D3 • D750 • 14-24mm f2.8 • 35mm f1.4A • PC-E 45mm f2.8 • 50mm f1.8G • AF-D 85mm f1.4 • ZF.2 100mm f2 • 200mm f2 VR2
  • birdmanbirdman Posts: 115Member
    @Gitzo, I think they grow up with a passion for tennis 1st, and then sponsors/promoters exploit their...ehrr...good looks as they mature. And frankly many of the Soviet/European female players are quite attractive. They are also in top shape and most train extremely hard.
This discussion has been closed.