Z6 ii and Z7 ii

Comments

• WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,745Member
    mhedges said:

tc88 said:

@WestEndFoto, yeah, :) but I prefer neither. Life is too short as is to be bogged down on internet handbagging. :)

We must be in the upside down now because I've completely agreed with at least 3 of your recent posts.
    :-)
  • tc88tc88 Posts: 537Member
    mhedges said:

We must be in the upside down now because I've completely agreed with at least 3 of your recent posts.

Well, by probability, the world will be upside down sometime. :)
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,444Member
    I am glad Flip is not tearing into me ..I would need psychiatric help afterwards.

I am glad Flip is not tearing into me ..I would need psychiatric help afterwards.

In my profession you don't survive if you can't handle that.
    edited September 2020
    Yes, but I was hoping the psychiatrist would be 25 in a short skirt.
    Post edited by Pistnbroke on
    No shortage of those in my world Pistnbroke.
    The Z6Ii and Z7II are being launched on October 14th.
  • photobunnyphotobunny Posts: 649Member
    edited September 2020

The Z6Ii and Z7II are being launched on October 14th.

Oh? I haven't seen any news on this yet. Ah found it: https://www.nikon-image.com/sp/the_next_chapter/ and https://www.nikon.co.uk/en_GB/products/category_pages/digital_cameras/mirrorless/the_next_chapter.page
    Post edited by photobunny on
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,881Member
    There's a countdown timer on the Nikon website
  • rmprmp Posts: 586Member
    Does the "li" have some meaning?
    Robert M. Poston: D4, D810, V3, 14-24 F2.8, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, 80-400, 105 macro.
    Thank buggery they are going for sensible naming. Its been seen in the S lenses and now in the bodies. The amount of extra letters on the end of Nikon lenses was getting daft.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator

Thank buggery they are going for sensible naming. Its been seen in the S lenses and now in the bodies. The amount of extra letters on the end of Nikon lenses was getting daft.

Totally.
    Always learning.
    Do we call it 611 and 711 ..six eleven and seven eleven in memory of the D610?
    I would much have prefered "s" so much easier to say than Mk 2

Do we call it 611 and 711 ..six eleven and seven eleven in memory of the D610?
    I would much have prefered "s" so much easier to say than Mk 2

Zed six two. Zed seven two. I am not seeing mark in the branding.
    It will be interesting to see how long he Z6 and Z7 last once the new Z|6 ii and Z7 ii are available and for me the grey prices on the new models.
    I got my Z6 for £1399.99 so ether way it am good. It cost so little compared to what I would normally pay for a camera and I got 98% sharp focus on the eyes of 1700 red squirrel pictures. I am keen to see the version 2, just so I know Nikon is worth continued investment or if I should dump it and go Canon RF(Even if that 100-500 is both excellent and meh all at once).
    Rockwell has given the Z ii and Nikon a right bashing even though its not out yet . Angry photographer not too pleased either bashing the lenses as well.
    I hope its not the old sensor but it looks to be . With the D850 £500 off recommended price grey, I think it may still be a no. Z8 60 MP ? Z9 sport action ?
    Nothing wrong with the Z6 and Z7 sensors, as a whole the OG cameras work very well and the second editions can only integrate on that. The competition has a 20MP and 45MP sensor and nether markably better or worse IQ than the Z6 and Z7.
    I think that any reviewer that actually bashes (note bash, not critique) a current sensor should be firmly placed in the "amateur" category.
    Not sure Westend photo who that comment is aimed at but I want more POI for the birds so more than 45 would be nice
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,881Member

I think that any reviewer that actually bashes (note bash, not critique) a current sensor should be firmly placed in the "amateur" category.

Agree and in addition anyone who sees fit to bash before the specs are even announced, let alone the camera is released, is someone I feel safe ignoring.

Not sure Westend photo who that comment is aimed at but I want more POI for the birds so more than 45 would be nice

Pretty sure he's talking about Rockwell, although I don't feel like giving him a click to see what the exact nature of the bashing was.
    mhedges said:

Agree and in addition anyone who sees fit to bash before the specs are even announced, let alone the camera is released, is someone I feel safe ignoring.

Pretty sure he's talking about Rockwell, although I don't feel like giving him a click to see what the exact nature of the bashing was.
    It is Rockwell. The bashing is little or nothing to do with the sensor resolution. I get the desire for more resolution. I am trying to get more pixels on birds too, but different species than you.
    I notice all the Z6 Z7 variants which were out of stock on the grey market where I always buy are now back in stock at about $500 below recommended so are Nikon dumping stock to the grey market? ..see e-infinity.com
  • donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,707Member
    Rockwell is correct. He is simply saying these two models will be minor improvements, sort of like an s model's mid-cycle refresh (except for the D3s which was a new sensor). He is saying they are not "landmark" cameras which is why they do not have new names like Z8 or Z9. None of us expect them to be anything more than models which add a few features (like dual card slots and vertical grip) we had complained about when they first came out. No big deal. The Z8 and Z9 will be the "big deal" we all will like and want. Hopefully, they will be out early next year. Meanwhile, focus on the great Z mount lenses Nikon is producing. The body you want to go with those lenses will be here next year.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator

Rockwell is correct. He is simply saying these two models will be minor improvements, sort of like an s model's mid-cycle refresh (except for the D3s which was a new sensor). He is saying they are not "landmark" cameras which is why they do not have new names like Z8 or Z9. None of us expect them to be anything more than models which add a few features (like dual card slots and vertical grip) we had complained about when they first came out. No big deal. The Z8 and Z9 will be the "big deal" we all will like and want. Hopefully, they will be out early next year. Meanwhile, focus on the great Z mount lenses Nikon is producing. The body you want to go with those lenses will be here next year.

I think that is an honest, transparent way to describe them too.
    Always learning.