PHOTO-A-DAY: March 2013

Comments

• Dredden85Dredden85 Posts: 365Member
    edited March 2013
    Amazing shots!

@Gitzo- missing your shots. Please check your inbox.
    Post edited by Dredden85 on
    D7000, 18-200VRII | 50 1.8G | SB-900
  • itsnotmeyouknowitsnotmeyouknow Posts: 481Member
    One from the garden yesterday:

D800 Nikkor Micro 200 f/4 at 1/125 ƒ/8 ISO 400

side-of-a-daisy
  • JuergenJuergen Posts: 315Member
    Nice Iceland shots. this country is a photographers dream.

...a kiss and a smile...

Just a fun shot....kiss and smile.
    Jürgen
    D4, D800E, Nikon 1 J2, 600 f/4, trinity, PC-E 45, PC-E 24, 105, 50 f/1,8g, 85 f/1,4, Sigma 150-500
  • proudgeekproudgeek Posts: 1,422Member
    Blue hour.
    _DSC1081
    D90 | 24-70 | 38mm | f/5.6 | .4s | ISO 400
  • YetibuddhaYetibuddha Posts: 388Member
    Pippi and Benji, Oh do those scenes look so nice and warm! Contrasted to mine for the day: One more wintry image from Lolo Pass:
    D7M_3785
  • TheGipperTheGipper Posts: 110Member
    Jurgen Made me smile!
  • Witty_NicknameWitty_Nickname Posts: 193Member
  • TheGipperTheGipper Posts: 110Member
    Couldn't resist the local (Brevard) Zoo while in Florida. I'm an animal lover. They had animals. Tried to disconnect any sense of captivity in my shots :)

Spotted
  • PostmanPostman Posts: 59Member
    @Yeti, great lines, great light. Lovely shot.
  • mikepmikep Posts: 280Member
    @ gitzo, i am afraid i cant show you because i deleted it from my flikr, i am slowly removing the worse photos.

but if you want to see more, google "odaiba gundam". i doubt it walks .... i dont know what it does, just a tourist attraction i think. hopefully it wont become self-aware and start replicating ...
  • rschnaiblerschnaible Posts: 308Member
    Lots of nice images being posted this month.... Very inspiring.

Martinez and Sacramento River Delta
  • Amberlight2012Amberlight2012 Posts: 26Member
    Orchids in a row.
    DSC_5219.jpg
    D7000. 125th f4.8 135mm.
  • CoastalconnCoastalconn Posts: 527Member
    I've been a little absent lately due to too much work. There are some very inspiring shots and I even felt inclined to comment on a few landscapes, which I rarely do, not because I'm a bird snob, but there are some truly powerful shots on PAD lately..

I will have a new toy soon attached to the trusty ol D300 but for now, another one of my Ospreys with the Tamron 200-500...
    Osprey 3/23 4
    1/2000th F8, ISO 800
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    Sailing ship ?

Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• GitzoGitzo Posts: 174Member
    @ Juergen.......That is without a doubt, the single sharpest, most unique hippopotamus pictures I have seen yet!

@ Yetibuddha......That shot of Lolo Pass looks like it's right out of a David Muench book ! Too beautiful......

@ Coastalconn......Great osprey shot! (when that guy goes fishing, he don't mess around with the small stuff!)

@ Gipper......You sure succeeded with that jaguar! he looks like he's in the wild of the Amazon!

@ Mikep........I got on Google and spent half the afternoon reading about the "Gundam" ! all about his many "models", weaponry, how they have to take him all apart to move him.........the Japanese are really into monsters and robots; amazing!
  • proudgeekproudgeek Posts: 1,422Member
    Not quite the reach of Coastal, but I'm getting there.
    _DSC2885_edit
    D90 | 300mm | f/5.6 | 1/4000s | ISO 400 | -1/3EV
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Here is one taken over the shoulder of a friend shooting portraits of another friend (unfortunately a Canon shooter). The lighting was the modeling light from the soft box.

Bokeh Camera Club
    Msmoto, mod
  • itsnotmeyouknowitsnotmeyouknow Posts: 481Member
    One from the back garden looking across the bay just before sunset

Nikon D800 Nikkor Micro 200 f/4 at 1/100 ƒ/16 ISO 500 200 mm

A-ship-passes-through-Swansea-Bay
  • YetibuddhaYetibuddha Posts: 388Member
    Very nice images all.
    I thanks for the comments on the Lolo Pass winter shots. My last day up there for skiing, last Saturday, was truly an amazing day.
    Now its time for other things. The one crocus in our yard that made it through the snow:
    Crocus-2
  • PierrePierre Posts: 360Member
    edited March 2013
    @Pierre Nice light, but creepy building, rolls everybody out of there beds. :)
    The photo (page 27) made it look like this (by design). At that time of the year, the sun peeks very low between the two buildings and reflects back off green, blue and pink glasses from other buildings behind the camera in zigzag ways, causing all sorts of effects. I walk there every morning since the last 4 years and that was the first time I saw it like this, so pretty rare event. The two ovals of light matching the light fixtures really caught my eye. It was pretty bright, had to lower exposition to get the effect I was looking for.
    Below is another one of the same building (the Queen-Elizabeth Hotel in Montreal, the right-half of the below) taken at almost the same location.

_0042661_2
    Forgot if I have posted this before, taken last fall. Had to tame-down the sky quite a bit, perhaps too much. No 'HDR' software used, just plain PP. It just show how much usable data the D800 can harvest. The grass in the shade of the plastic furniture was pitch black and the sky pure white.
    Post edited by Pierre on
  • Super Pierre, that's where it is all about, light, like to see more.
    Those who say it can't be done, should not interrupt those doing it!
  • JuergenJuergen Posts: 315Member
    @TheGipper: you are posting very nice photos, thanks for sharing.

Thaipusam

Here is another one from the Thaipusam festival in Malaysia. It is a bit dark, but I choose to not correct it, because I did not want to brighten up the flame.
    Jürgen
    D4, D800E, Nikon 1 J2, 600 f/4, trinity, PC-E 45, PC-E 24, 105, 50 f/1,8g, 85 f/1,4, Sigma 150-500
  • donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,675Member
    Quaker style college building in early morning.

DSC_1145
  • MikeFrewerMikeFrewer Posts: 51Member
    edited March 2013
    Here is one of the better ones from today.

Thanks to Coastalconn for the settings.

D7100, Nikkor 70-300, 1/2000, f5.6, ISO 280, 180mm. Cropped in LR4.
    Post edited by MikeFrewer on
This discussion has been closed.