Comments

• sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    edited February 2015
    . You can't buy "vapor DSLR"
    :) :) :)
    forget PAD can we have quote of the month

Post edited by sevencrossing on
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    If you want real, actual, products, go to nikon.com. If you want to talk about "vapor DSLR"s you've come to the right place :-)
  • Capt_SpauldingCapt_Spaulding Posts: 739Member
    Perhaps someone should write a parable. They can call it "The Emperor's New Camera," and we can all admire and critique the resulting images. :)
  • nukuEX2nukuEX2 Posts: 178Member
    I've pretty much given up on D9300. :(( That is why I'm waiting for D7200. :-/
    D7200, 40mm Micro Nikkor f2.8, Lowepro AW Hatchback 16,
  • 4thebirds4thebirds Posts: 27Member
    Probably people are right who said all we will get is a "warmed over D7100," but I keep thinking about Thom Hogan's assertion that in general, the bigger the announcements happen closer to the event. Several announcements already, including the Canon 50MP 5DS... But still no leak from Nikon, not a peep... Hmmm...
    Dave
  • sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    edited February 2015
    That is why I'm waiting for D7200.
    Apart from more bangs, for less bucks; what exactly do people want in a prosumer camera,
    that is not already covered by the existing prosumer range
    most D7100 owners seem pretty happy
    most D610 owners seem pretty happy
    most D750 owners seem pretty happy ( apart from the flare thingy)
    most D810 owners seem pretty happy
    The perfect camera does not exist and never will

Post edited by sevencrossing on
  • manhattanboymanhattanboy Posts: 1,003Member
    edited February 2015

Apart from more bangs, for less bucks; what exactly do people want in a prosumer camera,
    that is not already covered by the existing prosumer range
    most D7100 owners seem pretty happy
    MP bumped to 28-30MP.
    New shutter mechanism with mechanically-stabilized, much quieter shutter.
    Increased FPS to 8+
    In addition to the 1.3x crop mode, a second ~1.5-1.6x crop mode with 10+ fps.
    Increased RAW buffer to 4 secs (could switch to CF + SD if SDx2 is too slow).
    Smaller size and lighter weight.
    Addition of Wifi and revamped Nikon smartphone app.
    Tilting screen with a touch to shoot capability.
    A third user-controlled memory setting on the dial and elimination of the scenes mode.
    Addition of Group AF.
    The cost to stay around ~$1K like previous 7K series.

That will pretty much do it for me.

Post edited by manhattanboy on
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    I'll have a pint of what you are drinking @manhattanboy! That spec is D400 territory and the price is D7000 level.
    Always learning.
    I'll have a pint of what you are drinking @manhattanboy! That spec is D400 territory and the price is D7000 level.
    Camera sales are in steep decline.
    I am only being a gentleman and giving advice on how to reverse that trend ;)
    edited February 2015
    More like smoking to me... :))

Anyway, a leaked photo of the D7200 would be really nice thing to see after waking up... :-)
    Post edited by nukuEX2 on
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    Saw the post that the D7200 will be announced this week. Bet we will see the final specs hours ahead of the news release.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
    edited February 2015
    The Admin said, "There is still no D7200 info and that worries me. I hate to retract that rumor at the last moment, but the D7200 may not get announced this week."

It seems with each passing hour if there is still no leak then it may not happen at CP+

Either that or there is something really special about it that is unexpected and they are intentionally witholding all leaks for a big surprise, which I gather is unusual...?

Dave
    Post edited by 4thebirds on
    The Admin said, "There is still no D7200 info and that worries me. I hate to retract that rumor at the last moment, but the D7200 may not get announced this week."

It seems with each passing hour if there is still no leak then it may not happen at CP+
    Canon: We are introducing two new 50MP professional DSLRs, two new consumer DSLRs, a new high end mirrorless camera and a new DSLR lens.

Nikon: We are introducing an 810 for astrophotographers, a new J-series mirrorless, and because everyone was persistently asking for it, many new coolpix cameras. [-X

Nikon hopefully has something good up their sleeve... they have a nice ball rolling with the 750, the new 300 PF... don't let us down with a coolpix bomb.
    I typed the "D7200" on Nikon USA's search window and it did return with "(1) Product". I don't know if this is a good news or not. L-)
  • retreadretread Posts: 574Member
    I did the same with "D400" and got two (2) Coolpix products. Good or bad?
    edited February 2015
    Saw the post that the D7200 will be announced this week..
    ????
    http://nikonrumors.com/2015/02/09/nikon-d810a-briefly-leaks-online-still-nothing-on-the-d7200.aspx/
    When I logged in this morning before all the D810A info there was a comment about the D7200. Let me go copy and paste his comment here. Here it is:

New special Nikon D810a DSLR camera designed for deep-sky astrophotography with increased hydrogen-alfa sensitivity (digicame-info confirmed the name: D800a - exactly what I reported last week).
    Nikon D7200 camera.
    Nikon 1 J5 mirrorless camera.
    New Nikon Coolpix cameras: P610, P900 AW130, S33, S3700, S7000, L840, S9900, L340. One of the new Coolpix cameras could be with a new 1" sensor.
    The advanced Nikon DSLR firmware updates program should be made official as well, unless Nikon has decided to postponed it again.

I have not heard any rumors lately about those products, but there is still a chance that we may see some of them announced this week:

Read More »
    ======================================================
    At that time of his post he is saying "....there is still a chance that we may see some of them announced this week"
    Now with the latest posts this is looking more ify. Hope that is wrong and Nikon announces the D7200..

Post edited by Photobug on
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
    edited February 2015
    So with the new post on the main blog, at least the Admin is assuring us that the D7200 is coming, but it may be a couple weeks after CP+... Something must have happened because surely Nikon wanted to announce at CP+ ?? Oh well. Darn I was all stoked to finally hear more details soon, but now who knows? I sure hope the D7200 will ship by April.
    Dave
    Post edited by 4thebirds on
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    I guess they decided to load it up with more goodies and it took a little longer :D
    Always learning.
    edited February 2015
    I guess they decided to load it up with more goodies and it took a little longer :D
    I hope that's the case. :-( Anyway how 'bout work on your source to acquire some actual photograph of the body?! :P
    Post edited by nukuEX2 on
  • Kaner88Kaner88 Posts: 11Member
    If the 7200 is released after the cp+ show as rumored do you think it would be available before june?
    If the 7200 is released after the cp+ show as rumored do you think it would be available before june?
    Your going to love this response....."Perhaps it will be available by June!" LoL
    Honestly, I would be surprised if its that far out.
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    Usually cameras are available within a month of an announcement, particularly with lower end models like the D7xxx series.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
    Usually cameras are available within a month of an announcement, particularly with lower end models like the D7xxx series.

I don't think D7xxx series is a "lower end". D5xxx and D3xxx now those ARE the "lower end" models. :-))