NIKON...MIRROR LESS NOW WITH FIRMWARE UPDATE

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    I agree Westie - feel free to start a new thread on it.
    Always learning.
  • rmprmp Posts: 586Member
    Like many, I have zero intention of marketing/selling my photos. However, I do print or have printed 20-to-50 per year when family or friends request particular images and I am proud of my "wall art." (Yes an ego is a pain it the butt.)
    Robert M. Poston: D4, D810, V3, 14-24 F2.8, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, 80-400, 105 macro.
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,881Member
    I've considered trying to sell some prints - maybe through Etsy. A bit of money on the side would be nice - I have child support payments and murderous daycare bills. I have no idea how practical it is or if there is any market, but I would think some of my stuff would fit in well with the steampunk or vintage/repurposed type trends that are pretty popular now.
    As I understand it, selling prints is a no sale/no fee deal, so why not go for it?
    Always learning.
  • framerframer Posts: 491Member
    mhedges said:

I've considered trying to sell some prints - maybe through Etsy. A bit of money on the side would be nice - I have child support payments and murderous daycare bills. I have no idea how practical it is or if there is any market, but I would think some of my stuff would fit in well with the steampunk or vintage/repurposed type trends that are pretty popular now.

If you want to make money, shoot school sports & local sports. Post that stuff online and pass around your info card. Start taking wedding photos. I've done that several times between jobs and never went hungry. It then becomes a business and not a hobby.

You know your a pro when you get more enjoyment mowing your yard than taking a photo.

framer
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,444Member
    edited July 2018
    I like being a Whore..It does improve your work because you have to get it right to satisfy the customer or you don't get paid /get sued
    The names are (?) Z30 and Z50 for the new cameras.... I hope that means 30 and 50 MP
    Post edited by Pistnbroke on
    Maybe it's your long awaited 30MP APSC and a 50MP full frame.
    Always learning.
    yes but whats all this about an adaptor with a pellicle mirror ? I am sure Tamron will just extend the rear part of the lens to match the new mount and play with the electronics
    On Etsy you do have to pay a very nominal fee per listing (30 cents, I think). But it

As I understand it, selling prints is a no sale/no fee deal, so why not go for it?

Yeah I probably will. But I need to find a good printer for canvas prints. The place I use for myself has too many QC issues for me to feel comfortable having stuff drop shipped without me inspecting it.
    framer said:

mhedges said:

If you want to make money, shoot school sports & local sports. Post that stuff online and pass around your info card. Start taking wedding photos. I've done that several times between jobs and never went hungry. It then becomes a business and not a hobby.

You know your a pro when you get more enjoyment mowing your yard than taking a photo.

framer
    Well I definitely want to avoid that. Not sure I want to do weddings. Seems like a lot of work and pressure.
  • framerframer Posts: 491Member
    mhedges said:

Yeah I probably will. But I need to find a good printer for canvas prints. The place I use for myself has too many QC issues for me to feel comfortable having stuff drop shipped without me inspecting it.

I see you posted in my thread about me getting a new printer. You need to get a good printer to get the quality needed to sell canvas prints not the $119 printer you are thinking about. You really do get what you pay for in printers.

framer

framer said:

mhedges said:

I see you posted in my thread about me getting a new printer. You need to get a good printer to get the quality needed to sell canvas prints not the $119 printer you are thinking about. You really do get what you pay for in printers.

framer

Honestly I didn't realize it was practical to do canvas prints at home. I'd have someone else do them, but maybe use that $119 (after rebate) model for conventional prints. From the reviews it seems to do a good job on those but is limited to 13"x19" max.
  • vtc2002vtc2002 Posts: 364Member
    edited July 2018
    @WestEndFoto
    said:
    And as you know, the brat in me loves making over broad statements with elements of truth in them. When I present to an audience in a professional context (I am a CFO) I am quick to qualify the over generalization. In other situations, if the right person bites, I take pleasure in sitting back and watching the spasms. Can you imagine how far and in what direction some people may take the above.

Maybe I am the right person you are talking about in this comment but I personally find what you describe is bullying behavior and baiting individuals into one sided discussions. It adds no value to a discussion or dialogue that leads to nothing but frustration. IMHO speaks very poorly of you.

Post edited by vtc2002 on
    Can somebody explain or delete that last post ...
  • vtc2002vtc2002 Posts: 364Member
    @Pistnbroke I was responding to Westendfotos comment and expressing my opinion. If you would like for it to be deleted I will be happy to delete it but would like to know why you would like it deleted.
  • sportsport Posts: 120Member
    How about we keep this thread on mirrorless topics. There was another thread opened for type of photographer discussion.
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,745Member
    edited July 2018
    vtc2002 said:

@WestEndFoto
    said:
    And as you know, the brat in me loves making over broad statements with elements of truth in them. When I present to an audience in a professional context (I am a CFO) I am quick to qualify the over generalization. In other situations, if the right person bites, I take pleasure in sitting back and watching the spasms. Can you imagine how far and in what direction some people may take the above.

Maybe I am the right person you are talking about in this comment but I personally find what you describe is bullying behavior and baiting individuals into one sided discussions. It adds no value to a discussion or dialogue that leads to nothing but frustration. IMHO speaks very poorly of you.

You are entitled to your view. I also respect that your view has remained consistent over the years.
    Post edited by WestEndFoto on
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,745Member

Can somebody explain or delete that last post ...

Don't delete it on my account. I feel confident that an impartial read of the comment in its context would not result in the same conclusion.
    I googled CFO so now I know what context you are in . LLAP
  • HikerHiker Posts: 197Member
    vtc2002 said:

@WestEndFoto
    said:

He's done it to me as well....and NO we shouldn't delete any posts unless there is cursing involved...
    OK, I think that's done now. Back to the upcoming mirrorless discussion please.
    Always learning.
  • rmprmp Posts: 586Member
    Where will the first pre-order links appear?
    Robert M. Poston: D4, D810, V3, 14-24 F2.8, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, 80-400, 105 macro.
  • HankBHankB Posts: 222Member
    I would resist pre-ordering unless I had a specifically identified reason I needed it ASAP.
  • BVSBVS Posts: 440Member
    I'm kind of torn between the two models. I'd like the low MP model for low light, but then I'd still want to have a DX camera for the crop factor. The high MP model would eliminate the need for DX, but wouldn't be as good in low light (probably) and is more expensive, and for the price difference I could buy another lens. I wonder how much difference there will be between the two models other than MP.
    D7100, 85 1.8G, 50 1.8G, 35 1.8G DX, Tokina 12-28 F4, 18-140, 55-200 VR DX
  • HikerHiker Posts: 197Member
    In 2 weeks we shall see. And I'm not going down the Nikon mirrorless road until I see and hear a ton of reviews. Anything less than the A7iii? Then I will have to look what my options will be. Just my 2 cents..
  • sportsport Posts: 120Member
    It's going to be fun to see what they bring. Hopefully it's as big as what everyone wants. The camera industry needs some excitement.